Skip to main content

Disposal & Transfer

Disposal of Surplus

A note to all state agencies, boards and commissions on items that are surplus to them and no longer needed or used: Any disposal of state property MUST have the approval of the Surplus Administrator. Items can not be given to employees or disposed of in a dumpster because they are no longer of use to them. Items cannot be donated to a non-profit entity. Items may be transferred to another state agency, board or commission, or sub-division thereof, upon approval of the Surplus Administrator. There are various ways to dispose of surplus property, as listed on the Surplus Property Transfer Form.

Contact OMES State Surplus at 405-525-2354.

Value of Surplus Items

Items listed to become surplus property must now have a "Current Estimated Value" listed for each item on the form. This is not the price that was originally paid for the item, but what value is now associated with that item. Either list a dollar value or "No Value" for each item listed as Surplus.

Surplus Items Containing Hazardous Materials

Hazardous materials will not be accepted, under any circumstances, by State Surplus. We will not accept any chemicals, pesticides, solvents, paint, grease, oil or batteries. Any item containing Freon must have all of the Freon removed before it will be accepted. This includes refrigerators, air conditioners, etc. In addition, we will not accept mattresses of any kind. For procedures and proper disposal of these items, you may check with the Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality and/or the Oklahoma State Health Department.

Transporting Surplus

The State Surplus department of the Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) Capital Assets Management (CAM) is a warehouse/clearinghouse for items that have been determined to be no longer needed by state agencies, boards and commissions. State Surplus is NOT a moving/hauling company for agencies to use at their disposal when they decide to do housecleaning and get rid of items they no longer need.

State agencies must take the responsibility of getting surplus items to the warehouse. How they achieve this is up to the agency. The suggested method would be to hire a moving company, thereby putting the liability on the moving company in the case of injury, accident, etc. The agency may opt to move the items on their own, with their own people and transportation. Any questions or problems may be directed to OMES State Surplus at 405-525-2354.

Purchase conditions depend on the method of sales: public and online auctions.

State agencies, boards, commissions or political subdivisions may purchase surplus items at any time from the State Surplus warehouse. A purchase order must be provided at the time of sale. Non-profit entities may purchase items but must provide documentation of proof of their non-profit tax status and a Federal Identification Number (FEI) for the organization at the time of sale. Payment must be made at the time of the sale by check printed with the name, address and telephone number of the non-profit organization. There are absolutely no cash sales. Direct sales will not be made to any individual or private business.

Last Modified on Oct 20, 2023
Back to Top