Liability (per 51 O.S. § 154 A.): The total liability of the state . . . on claims within the scope of the Governmental Tort Claims Act, arising out of an accident or occurrence . . . shall not exceed:
- Twenty-five Thousand Dollars ($25,000) for any claim or to any claimant who has more than one claim for loss of property arising out of a single act, accident, or occurrence;
- Except as otherwise provided in this paragraph, . . . to any claimant for a claim for any other loss arising out of a single act, accident, or occurrence. The limit of liability for the state . . . shall not exceed one Hundred Seventy-five Thousand Dollars ($175,000). . . .
- One Million Dollars ($1,000,000) for any number of claims arising out of a single occurrence or accident.
- Risk Management’s Auto Liability Program provides insurance coverage to state employees while in the Scope of Employment only; it does not cover any individual failing to meet the definition of an employee under Oklahoma Governmental Tort Claims Act. (Refer to the following: 51 O.S. 151 et seq.; 51 O.S. § 152 (7); 51 O.S. § 152 (12); 51 O.S. 152.1 (A) and (B); 51 O.S. 153 (A) and (B); 51 O.S. § 155, specifically exemption 18 related to contractors.)
FMD Vehicle Physical Damage: Coverage is provided by Fleet Management and included in vehicle rental rate with no deductible to a renting agency when a driver is not fault; however, repetitive loss caused by a driver may result in:
- Separate charges back to the agency and/or
- Additional constraints on a driver imposed by the Risk Management Division