The Oklahoma Highway Safety Office (OHSO) produces publications and problem identification data, including in-depth analysis of crash numbers, rates and locations. Many highway safety professionals utilize this data to evaluate traffic safety priority areas across the state and propose potential solutions.
OHSO gathers data from various sources, including:
- Motor Vehicle Crash Reports
- Motor Vehicle Citations
- Driver's License Records
- Motor Vehicle Registration Records
- Breath Test Analysis Reports
- Attitude and Awareness Surveys
- Occupant Protection Surveys
- Fatality Analysis Reporting System
- Department of Transportation
OHSO collaborates with many partner agencies to inform the planning and development of its highway safety programs.