Capitol Event Reservation
State Capitol Park
Reservation requests for areas outside of the Capitol Plazas but within the State Capitol Park are still being accepted.
Capitol South Plaza
Reservation requests for use of the Capitol south plaza are now being accepted.
Capitol North Plaza
Reservations for use of the Capitol north plaza will are now being accepted.
Inside the Capitol
- Reservations for inside the Capitol building are now being accepted. Events will be for the following time frames only; Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Reservations for 2020 in the rotundas are not available due to the restoration project with the exception of the 2nd floor rotunda. Reservations for the 2nd floor rotunda again available on Feb. 3, 2020.
Second Floor Rotunda
|For||Weddings||Food & Drink|
|Public & State||Yes*||Yes|
NOTE: No reservations are available due to the restoration project. Reservations again available on Feb. 3, 2020. Due to renovation activities at the Capitol, please be advised that your current event may be impacted or even cancelled by the construction work.
*Read Form 014 - Evening and Weekend Private Events General Information; If you are planning a rehearsal, an additional Form 002 must also be submitted.
** Weddings are not allowed in these areas but may be used for overflow seating.
- If possible, visit the State Capitol Building prior to scheduling your event to determine the location that best suits your needs.
- The public areas of the State Capitol Building do not have heating or air conditioning. Always consider weather conditions when scheduling your event.
Common reasons for denial:
- Locations and days already booked.
- Reserved by House of Representatives desk sergeant and not by CAM (may not be posted on calendar).
- Sufficient time between different event reservations for set ups.
- Equipment availability.
Common reasons for delays of reservations:
- Lack of waivers for dancing (for wedding party only: newlyweds & parents).
- Lack of fundraiser information (whenever applicable).
- Special arrangements for personal equipment and decoration storage prior to or after the event.
Diagrams for equipment:
- Set-ups must be arranged in accordance with the safety requirements.
- Must be submitted with the application or no later than one week prior the event.
Note: Lack of a set-up diagram, waiver letter, detailed information about fund raisers etc., whenever applicable, may result in the delay or rejection of the reservation. Equipment arrangements set up by the maintenance department due to lack of diagrams cannot be changed. This needs to be with diagrams for equipment.
Pick desired location
Verify schedule for location availability
Apply for reservation
Open the applicable form and read reservation conditions. All applicants are also required to read Facilities Management Rules that regulate reservation conditions. (Link opens in new window.)
Fill out and submit the form according to the instructions provided on the form.
If your request is submitted correctly and approved:
DCAM reservation schedule will be updated with your reservation;
You will be contacted with confirmation.