Planning Advisory Council
The State Planning and Advisory Council to the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services referred to as “the Council” for the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services is established in accordance with the provisions of PL 102-321. The Council consists of 40 members and is made up of residents of the State of Oklahoma and includes representatives of:
- Principal State agencies involved in mental health, substance abuse and prevention and related support services
- Public and private entities concerned with the need, planning, operation, funding and use of mental health, substance abuse and prevention services and related support activities
- Adults with serious mental illnesses and/or addictions who are receiving (or have received) services and the families of such adults
- Youth with serious emotional disturbances and/or addictions who are receiving (or have received) services and the families of youth/children with serious emotional disturbances and/or addictions.
The purposes of the Council are to:
- review plans, including the Federal Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services Block Grant Plan(s), provided to the Council and to submit to the State any recommendations of the Council for modifications to the plan(s);
- serve as an advocate in promoting quality of life for all adults with serious mental illness and/or addictions, children with a severe emotional disturbance and their families, and other individuals with mental illness, emotional issues and/or addictions;
- serve as an advocate for promotion of prevention of these disorders;
- monitor, review and evaluate not less than once each year, the allocation and adequacy of mental health, substance abuse and prevention services within the State; and,
- exchange information and develop, evaluate and communicate ideas about mental health, substance abuse and prevention planning and services.
The Oklahoma State Planning and Advisory Council is seeking recommendations for new members. Applicants can fill out the attached form and email their application to Stephanie Gay.
Upcoming Open Meetings
August 18, 2022
October 20, 2022
Stephanie Gay, LPC
Sr. Project Manager