Skip to main content

Please be advised that our licensing windows open at 8:00 a.m. an close at 12:00 p.m. on Thursdays. Our licensing windows are open from 8:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. We accept payment via check, money order and most major credit cards. We DO NOT accept cash under any circumstances. 

FAQs - Alarm, Locksmith and Fire Sprinkler Service

Each applicant must complete an Alarm and Locksmith Application for the particular categories they want to obtain a license in and submit with the appropriate fee. Each new applicant to the industry must also submit two (2) completed fingerprint cards along with a copy of current driver license or other state issued ID from place of residence and a copy of Social Security card (or) unexpired passport (or) W2 from current employer. IF YOU CURRENTLY HOLD AN ALARM AND LOCKSMITH LICENSE AND PREVIOUSLY HAD YOUR FINGERPRINTS DONE THESE DO NOT NEED TO BE RESUBMITTED.

Manager applicants will also need to submit the required experience pursuant to the Alarm and Locksmith Regulations. This experience may be submitted using the Certification of Experience form located on the website at Highlight on Services, Alarm, Locksmith & Fire Sprinkler Licensing and then go to bottom of page for Forms. New companies will need to submit the completed Company Application, application fee of $250.00 and also provide two (2) completed fingerprint cards for each individual who owns 25% or greater of the company. (If the owner(s) have already had their fingerprints done this does not need to be redone.)

Testing is required for Residential Fire Burglar Alarm Salesperson position, all of the Technical positions except the CCTV Residential Stand Alone category and the Manager position. In addition, the fire sprinkler technician may obtain licensure by either submitting current NICET III or higher in the subfield of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems Layout or by taking and passing the fire sprinkler technician state exam. All testing is done offsite through various approved examination entities.

For study material information, go to Select Educators Assessments and Testing Health & Professional Certifications Project (HCP) Alarm, Locksmith and Fire Sprinkler) then click on the appropriate category listed under Candidate Resources. Only the following code books will be allowed in the testing area: original bound NFPA 72, NFPA 70, NEC, NFPA 101, and IBC.

For fire sprinkler exams, the following original bound code books are allowed: NFPA 13, NFPA 13R, NFPA 13D, NFPA 24, and NFPA 25. PLEASE NOTE: each test may also include questions concerning the Alarm and Locksmith Regulations and Act which can be downloaded off the website for review. Highlight on Services and click on Alarm, Locksmith & Fire Sprinkler then select Alarm, Locksmith and Fire Sprinkler Administrative Rules.

When renewing the following must be submitted: the completed renewal form with the appropriate renewal fee (We do not accept cash), a copy of the licensee’s driver license or other state issued ID from place of residence.

For all approved walk-in renewals the license will be generated and hand delivered at that time. If the licensee’s photograph has already been taken a licensee can submit the required documentation and renewal fee by mail for processing. All licenses for approved renewals will then be sent to the licensee via mail. (NOTE: If submitting my mail please allow two (2) weeks for processing.)

At this time, this option is not available.

No, you will need to provide an application with the required documentation and fee either in person or by mail.

Please refer to #1 and #3 above

We accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover, money order, cashier’s check or check payable to ODOL. We do not accept CASH

It will expire at the end of your birth month

You will need to appear in person every 10 years for a new photo

Current, unexpired Driver License or other form of state issued ID from place of residence AND either Social Security card (or) W2 from most current employer (or) unexpired passport

Oklahoma Department of Labor, 3017 N Stiles, Suite 100 Oklahoma City, OK or at any of the approved weld test facilities located on the website at Highlight on Services and Alarm, Locksmith and Fire Sprinkler Licensing and then click on Processing Sites.

Last Modified on Feb 16, 2022
Back to Top