Barbering means any one or any combination of the following practices, when done upon the upper part of the human body for cosmetic purposes and when done for payment either directly or indirectly for the general public, constitutes the practice of barbering, to wit; Shaving or trimming the beard or cutting the hair; giving facial or scalp massages or treatment with oils, creams, lotions or other preparations, either by hand or mechanical appliances; singeing, shampooing or applying lighteners or color to the hair or applying hair tonics; applying cosmetic preparations, antiseptics, powders, oils, clays or lotions to scalp, face, neck or upper part of the body; and removing superfluous hair from the face, neck or upper part of the body.
License & Fees Details
- Renewal required on the last day of birth month annually.
- Application/Initial Fee - $25.00
- License Renewal Fee - $25.00
- Late Penalty (License expired over two months) - $10.00
- Lost Renewal form (Renewal forms are mailed attached to license) - $5.00