- Completion of an approved apprentice program, or
- Completion of an approved course of study in a licensed school of this state, or
- Completion of study in another state or country that is equivalent to the study and training required in this state.
In Oklahoma, cosmetology, barbering, facial and nail technology may only be performed by individuals who hold a valid state license and who work in a licensed establishment or hold a valid work permit. All licenses and work permits must be posted in public view with a current photo attached. You may email email@example.com and ask for license/permit verification. Oklahoma cosmetology and barber establishments are inspected at least twice a year to ensure safety and sanitation compliance and to ensure all persons providing services hold a valid license/permit. The most current salon inspection sheets must be posted in public view.
- Renewal fees are payable by cashier's check, money order or business check of a licensed OSBCB business. No personal or temporary checks are accepted
- The term of your license is one year - renewable on the last day of your birth month, annually.
- The renewal fee applies (see information below about your specific renewal fee).
- A renewal application form (that is sent to you each year and is attached to your license) is due. If you do not have this form, add an additional $5 to the applicable fees.
- If you do not have a renewal slip/form, Include a note requesting renewal of your license with your money order or cashier's check that includes your name, mailing address, file number (if this information is available to you) and your date of birth.
- If your license has expired over two months, include a $10.00 late fee. We will refer to the postmark date on your envelope to determine if the late fee is applicable.
Read all of the information below before continuing to the Online Renewal System.
- If you are NOT a U.S. citizen and are a permanent resident, you may not use the Online Renewal system. You have to submit an I-94 citizenship affidavit along with a copy of your permanent resident card and renewal form. The citizenship affidavit form can be located here.
At this time, massage therapist licenses cannot be renewed online. To renew, please mail in your renewal or visit our office.
For address changes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a confirmation when it has been updated in our system.
To improve our online renewal system please submit all issues along with screenshots to email@example.com with your file number in the subject line.
- Submit request for apprenticeship to the student registrar. Contact information can be located on the Agency Staff page.
- Apprentice is required by law to obtain training under a licensed Instructor
- Training to be conducted in an approved licensed establishment.
- Has completed at least the eighth grade
- Is over the age of sixteen (16)
- Complete 3000 hours of study for Cosmetology, 1200 hours for Facialist, or 1200 hours for Manicurist, 3000 hours for Barber.
- Exam Fee - $35.00
License & Fees Details
- Renewable by the last day of birth month annually
- Application/Initial Fee - $20.00
- License Renewal Fee - $25.00
- Late Penalty (License expired over two months) - $10.00