TSET Healthy Incentive Grants - Schools
Brightening the Future of Oklahoma's Children
Healthy behaviors established during childhood carry through to adulthood. To promote and support those healthy behaviors, the TSET Healthy Incentive program offers grants to school districts and school sites that adopt policy and implement best and promising practices in tobacco-free environments, nutrition, physical activity and employee wellness. Policy requirements for these grants help to create a learning environment that establishes and supports healthy behaviors for students, teachers and staff.
The grant year begins July 1, 2021 and ends June 30, 2022. Funds for the TSET Healthy Incentive Program for Schools are limited and applications will be accepted during two set periods. Potential awardees will be presented to the TSET Board of Directors at the November 2021 and March 2022 meetings.
Application periods for both School Districts & School Sites for FY22:
September 1, 2021 - October 1, 2021
January 3, 2022 - February 3, 2022
Healthy Incentive Grants - School Districts
A representative of the interested school district is encouraged to email Laura Matlock, TSET Healthy Incentive Grant Program Officer, at LauraM@tset.ok.gov and provide their contact information and interest in applying.
Download the school district guidelines, application and resource documents.
Please note: All public school districts are eligible to apply for a TSET Healthy Incentive grant. School districts must be awarded before individual school sites are eligible to apply.
A list of past grant recipients can be found here.
Healthy Incentive Grants - School Sites
A representative of the interested school site is encouraged to email Laura Matlock, TSET Healthy Incentive Grant Program Officer, at LauraM@tset.ok.gov and provide their contact information and interest in applying.
Download the school site guidelines, application, and resource documents.
- Applications may be submitted at any time during the application periods listed above.
- Potential applicants are advised that funds are awarded on a first come, first served basis and that demand under this program often exceeds available funds.
- Complete the application with the required information and documents or verbiage and submit for approval.
- Once your application is submitted and you receive a confirmation email, the application has been placed into the queue for review in the order in which it was received.
- Applications will be reviewed for funding consideration based upon the documents and information submitted.
- Eligible applications will be presented to the Board of Directors for funding consideration.
- Upon TSET’s review, if any application is deemed to be incomplete, improperly completed or otherwise ineligible based on the information submitted, the application will be rejected.
- Within one business day following the TSET Board of Directors meeting, the contact for each of the applications will be emailed the status of their application. All applicants—funded, unfunded, and ineligible—will be notified via email.
- Board of Directors meeting schedule can be found here TSET Board of Directors meeting
- Any applicant who receives a rejected application notice may reapply in the next application period. However, they will go through the process as a new applicant, just as before. The new application will reenter the funding consideration queue at a new position upon successful submission.
- If you have questions regarding the submission of your application or the review and/or funding timeline, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org