Skip to main content

Taxes and Your Retirement Benefit

Your TRS retirement benefit is considered income for tax purposes. The tax rates applied to your benefit are based on withholding tables provided by the Internal Revenue Service and the Oklahoma Tax Commission.

You may change your withholding at any time by submitting new tax withholding forms or accessing your MyTRS account. If your request is received by the 15th of the month, the withholding change will take effect with the following month's retirement benefit payment. Please seek advice from your tax professional for guidance related to changing your tax withholdings.

Last Modified on Nov 14, 2022