Skip to main content

Service Credit Purchase

You may purchase credit for employment in the public schools of other states, District of Columbia and territories of the United States to obtain additional credited service. Service in the U.S. Armed Forces and Peace Corps of six months or more (at least 180 days) may be purchased as well as employment while a member of the other public retirement systems operated by the state of Oklahoma.

For information relating to specific types of service, view the TRS rules:

Substitute Teaching

Sabbatical Leave

Prior Service

Other Oklahoma Public School Employment

Employment in Oklahoma Agencies

Transferring Credit from OPERS

Military Service

Out-of-State Teaching Service

Family Leave

Adjunct Service

Actuarial Cost to Purchase Service

Redepositing Withdrawn Service

Rollovers to Purchase Service

For more information about Service Purchases, please refer to the Member Handbook.

Last Modified on Jan 19, 2022