Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

Supplier & Payee Registration

Registering as a bidder is a streamlined process that provides for notification of solicitation opportunities for UNSPSC codes in which your organization is registered.

Registering as a supplier is a full registration that allows you to do business with the State of Oklahoma. In addition to notification of solicitation opportunities for UNSPSC codes in which your organization is registered, you also provide information about your organization including diversified organization certification, EFT/direct deposit, etc. Your organization must be fully registered as a supplier prior to receiving a contract award.

Registering as a payee is for organizations or individuals receiving payments from the state but not selling products or services to the state.

EFT/direct deposit registration is required for suppliers and payees.

Oklahoma embarked on a statewide project, the Oklahoma Supplier Portal, to bring all our supplier processes online. This allows suppliers to manage their own accounts, bid on upcoming projects and manage the work performed with the state. Registration enables a closer working relationship with the State of Oklahoma.

You can register as a supplier, bidder or payee in the Oklahoma Supplier Portal. Training materials on the registration process are located on the Supplier and Payee Training web page.

While existing contracts and services will continue without interruption, the management of your organization’s account information will move to the new Oklahoma Supplier Portal. If you have not registered in this new portal, you will need to register again to access and maintain your information. The new portal went live in October of 2022, and you must have registered in the new portal after that date. Through the portal, you will also manage any future projects you bid through your account. 

Yes. By selecting the category codes that correspond to your business, you are identifying the types of contracts for which you want to be notified. This ensures you get notified on potential sourcing opportunities at the same time as every other organization – giving you the best opportunities to bid.

There is no fee to self-register.

Category codes no longer expire. However, supplier registration must be continually kept current and is the responsibility of the supplier to maintain. You will need to review annually, or as updates are needed, to maintain current documents, etc.

The Oklahoma State Auditor and Inspector's dedicated webpage outlines the procedure and contact details for reporting waste, fraud and abuse.

Yes, family codes will be used in the new portal.

With the new Oklahoma Supplier Portal, you update your own information within your eSupplier account. Login and make any necessary changes, then submit for approval.

If you have questions or issues, email the following for assistance:

Procurement Suppliers and Bidders –

Payees and Direct Deposit –

A category code, also known as a UNSPSC code, is a commodity code that identifies goods and services sold by a company. UNSPSC codes can be found on the UNSPSC website. Additional information on UNSPSC code lookup and the step to enter the UNSPSC code in the supplier or bidder registration process can be found on the Oklahoma Supplier Portal training web page.

Registering as a bidder or a supplier provides a company with notifications for solicitation opportunities for the UNSPSC codes selected during registration. At a minimum, you must be registered as a bidder to respond to a solicitation. To receive an award, you must be registered as a supplier. 

Yes, registration as a supplier is required prior to receiving a contract award.

If you are an existing supplier, contact

Information about Limited Liability Companies and the Taxpayer Identification Number can be found here, and states:

For federal income tax purposes, a single-member LLC classified as a disregarded entity generally must use the owner's social security number (SSN) or employer identification number (EIN) for all information returns and reporting related to income tax. For example, if a disregarded entity LLC that is owned by an individual is required to provide a Form W-9, Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) and Certification, the W-9 should provide the owner’s SSN or EIN, not the LLC’s EIN.

This does not mean that the contract or payment must be to the parent company. It is for tax purposes only. 

Check that you are registered for the correct category codes and that all of your contact information is correct in your supplier account.

Last Modified on Feb 01, 2024