Skip to main content

Please be advised that our licensing windows open at 8:00 a.m. and close at 12:00 p.m. on Thursdays. Our licensing windows are open from 8:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. We accept payment via check, money order and most major credit cards. We DO NOT accept cash under any circumstances. 

Amusement Ride FAQs

Yes, all amusement rides that are used for public (anyone other than immediate family) shall NOT operate without registration and inspection.

Yes, inflatables are classified as an amusement ride and do require annual registration and inspection prior to being put in use and/or rented out.

All inflatables are inspected once annually before being put into use; all temporary rides are inspected each time they are set up unless approved for the waiver program. All permanent rides are inspected once annually prior to being operated.

Registration and inspections are valid for one year from January 1st to December 31st and are non-transferable.

You must submit the required information under the Administrated Rule OAC 380:55-15. See the Waiver Program Application and Waiver Program Inspection Guidelines.

The annual application must be completed and submitted. The application is available on the web site, or by calling the Safety Standards Division (SSD) office (405) 521-6100 or (888) 269-5353. A Certificate of Liability Insurance (COI) must also be submitted before scheduling the requested inspection.

Advance notice for request of inspection must be received 72 hour (3 business days) notice prior to inspection. An Inspection may be scheduled less than 72 hours if resources are available on a first come first served basis. NOTE: Pursuant to OAC 380:55-5-4, no ride of an owner who has a fee account more than thirty (30) days past due shall not be inspected or permitted to operate until balance of the fee account is paid in full.

Yes, all amusement rides must have no less than One Million Dollars ($1,000,000.00) insuring the owner or operator against liability for injury suffered by persons riding the amusement rides. The Oklahoma Department of Labor shall be shown as a Certificate Holder and notified of any changes. The Certificate of Liability must be provided before an inspection can be scheduled. Please list the Oklahoma Department of Labor as shown below: Oklahoma Department of Labor Safety Standards Division 3017 North Stiles, Suite 100 Oklahoma City, OK 73105

Yes, registration fees for inflatables are $20.00 per inflatable and amusement rides are $60.00 per ride. Amusement ride inspection fees are $60.00 per ride. Water rides dry inspection fee is $40.00 per ride and wet inspection fee is $60.00 per ride. Rides classified as Other are $200.00. Rides classified as Substantial are $300.00 per ride.

Once the inspection has been completed, the inspector will submit the inspection reports to the office. An invoice will be generated and mailed. Check or money order may be mailed or you can call (405) 521-6100 to make a credit/debit card payment by phone. The ODOL does not accept cash payments. Payment is due within 30 days of the invoice date.

Yes, you can pay with a credit over the phone by calling (405) 521-6100 or (888)269-5353. At this time online payment is not an option.

MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, Money Order, Cashier’s Check or Check payable to ODOL.

Oklahoma Department of Labor 3017 N Stiles, Suite 100c Oklahoma City, OK 73105

An Amusement Ride Directory is available on the ODOL website. The directory lists companies, what type and how many rides they have available and also provides the contact information.

A Certificate of Operation is issued by the Oklahoma Department of Labor at the time of inspection once the inspector approves the ride for operation. The inspector will affix a canvas tag on inflatables and a metal plate for mechanical/hard rides with the current operating year sticker.

“Amusement Ride” means a device or combination of devices or elements that carry, convey, or direct a person or persons over or through a fixed or restricted course or within a defined area for the primary purpose of amusement or entertainment. Amusement ride includes any amusement park device that uses water as the means of transportation, including the structure of the device.

Some rides and attractions that do NOT require a permit to operate in Oklahoma are: air boats, ball crawls(permanent), batting cages, coin operated rides, games, hay rack rides, hot air balloons, indoor interactive arcade games, laser/paint ball war games (non-inflatable), live-animal rides/shows, mazes (corn), paddle boats, parasails,play lands (located in public buildings), playground equipment (permanent), pony rides, rider-propelled merry-go-rounds.

The Oklahoma Department of Labor (ODOL) Amusement Ride Safety Statues and Rules is available at the ODOL Website, or by calling our office at (405) 521-6100.

A current year sticker will be affixed to the canvas tag on inflatables or the metal tag on mechanical/hard rides. You may also request to see a copy of the current inspection report of the ride from the owner or operator.

Accidents/Incidents that involve a fatality, loss of limb or an injury requiring medical treatment more than “on-site” will require the ride to be shut down and the accident/incident reported to the Oklahoma Department of Labor (ODOL) immediately by calling: • (405) 521-6100 or (405) 521-6604 during business hours (M-F/8-5) • (405) 343-9815 after business hours and weekends/holidays. The ride is not to be moved except for the safety of patrons/public. An accident/incident involving a mechanical failure will require the ride to be closed and not reopened until approved by the Oklahoma Department of Labor (ODOL). An Amusement Ride Accident/Incident Report must be completed and submitted to the Oklahoma Department of Labor. Injuries requiring “on-site” first aid medical treatment only, are to be documented. Documentation shall be available for review during Oklahoma Department of Labor (ODOL) annual inspections.

Last Modified on Mar 17, 2022
Back to Top