Harmon County Health Department Services
Harmon County Health Department is pleased to provide a variety of services across the life span. We offer services equally to men, women, and children.
Appointments are encouraged. Call (580) 688-3348 with questions for any of the services listed below or to make an appointment.
You may fill out and bring this client information worksheet with you to the clinic. If you don't know where to turn for medical care, please call and we will try to help you find services.
Consumer Health Services
The mission of the Consumer Health Service is to protect the health of consumers and prevent disease through the licensing, inspecting, and monitoring of multiple professional, occupational and business programs. Some of the more frequently requested programs are listed below:
- Animal Bites (oklahoma.gov)
- Food Service (oklahoma.gov)
- Hotels, Motels, Lodging (oklahoma.gov)
- Public Pools, Spas, Splash Pads (oklahoma.gov)
Links to services provided by others:
- Wells, septic tanks, drinking water or air quality contact:
Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ)
- Oklahoma food service establishment inspection results
For other OSDH Licensing and Inspection information click here.
For questions or concerns related to Harmon County Consumer Health call (580) 688-3348
- Recognize and prevent communicable disease outbreaks such as food and waterborne illness, tuberculosis, and childhood diseases.
- Report a disease-related issue locally by calling (580) 688-3348.
- After hours, call (405) 426-8710 to speak with an Acute Disease Service epidemiologist.
- Sexual Health and Harm Reduction Service provide screening, diagnosing, educating, treating, individual case management, and referral services for those at increased risk for sexually transmitted infections
- HIV, STD/STI, Hepatitis C
- Fast Track STD/STI clinics (no symptoms, short wait time, self-collection lab for Gonorrhea & Chlamydia, no exam)
- Testing is always confidential.
- No fee is charged but insurance may be billed.
- Condoms are available for Health Department clients.
- We offer immunizations for children as well as select immunizations for adults that may require a minimum fee to protect individuals from serious communicable diseases.
- DTAP, IPV, Hepatitis A & B, Pneumococcal, Td/Tdap, Flu, Meningococcal, HIB, MMR, Varicella, HPV, Shingles, Rotavirus, COVID-19
- The Oklahoma State Immunization Information System (OSIIS) is a statewide immunization registry operated by the Oklahoma State Department of Health.
- Health Department staff identify and treat tuberculosis patients and insure appropriate measures are taken to prevent the occurrence and transmission of tuberculosis.
The Emergency Preparedness and Response Services (EPRS) division of the Oklahoma State Department of Health protects and promotes the health and safety of Oklahomans through mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery from public health emergencies, including infectious disease outbreaks, natural disasters, and acts of terrorism.
For the latest updates on emergency response from the Health Department,
Follow us on Facebook.
Children First, Oklahoma's Nurse-Family Partnership is a voluntary family support program that offers home-based services to mothers expecting their first child. Services are provided by appointment only.
No direct dental care is provided at the health department. Dental Health has a variety of programs to help improve dental health in Oklahoma. Fluoride varnish is provided to those 18 years of age and younger. Fluoride varnish is a dental treatment that can help prevent and slow tooh decay. Fluoride varnish is made with fluoride, a mineral that can strengthen tooth enamel (outer coating on teeth).
Family Planning helps prevent unplanned pregnancies. We help families and individuals to plan and space their children. These services are available to both men and women.
The Health Department provides Newborn Screening, Newborn Hearing Screen, Lead Screening and follow-up services for eligible County infants, children and their family.
SoonerStart is Oklahoma's early intervention program designed to meet the needs of infants and toddlers with disabilities and/or developmental delays.
The area office is located at Comanche County Health Department in Lawton. For more information or for a referral, contact Aleisha Thorne at (580) 585-6610 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SoonerStart Referral Form - Fax to Comanche County Health Department, ATTN: Aleisha Thorne at (580) 585-6635
WIC provides nutritious foods to supplement the diets of women, infants and children. WIC foods are specifically chosen to provide the nutrients you and your children need.
WIC promotes healthy eating, active lifestyles and nutrition education through online nutrition education, interactive nutrition & fitness group classes, and/or private consultations with WIC staff. For more information about how to apply for WIC, WIC foods/formula, breastfeeding, and health & nutrition information click here. To talk to a clerk for an individual appointment, class information or other questions, please call (580) 688-3348.
The health department staff is available to serve as consultants in the following areas. Call (580) 248-5890 or (580) 688-3348 for more information.
- Health Department Services
- Public Health Issues
- Family Health
- Men & Women's Health
- Healthy Lifestyle Promotion
Community Health Workers (CHWs) are lay members of the community who work in association with the local health care system in both urban and rural environments. CHWs usually share ethnicity, language, socioeconomic status, and life experiences with the community members they serve. CHWs offer interpretation and translation services, provide culturally appropriate health education and information, help people get the care they need, give informal counseling and guidance on health behaviors, advocate for individual and community health needs, and provide some direct services such as first aid and blood pressure screening.
- Physical and mental health
- Personal hygiene
- Sexual health
- Injury and violence prevention
We have staff available to help walk you through the application process. Call (580) 688-3348 to get connected to one of our Medicaid Eligibility Analysts.
The population for the Health Department services for Medicaid (SoonerCare) is Pregnant Women, Children under the age of 19, Parents/guardians of children under the age of 19, and SoonerPlan (family planning) for age 19 and older for prevention of pregnancy. Income requirement and household size differ depending on the benefit. Household members are determined according to who could be, or may be included on the same tax filing form.
SoonerCare (Oklahoma Medicaid) is a health coverage program jointly funded by the federal and state government. This program helps pay some or all medical bills for many people who can't afford them. The Oklahoma Health Care Authority (OHCA) is the state agency that administers the program and determines financial eligibility for the program.
SoonerPlan is a benefit plan covering limited services related to family planning, to women and men ages 19 and older, in an effort to reduce unwanted pregnancies.
The Health Department staff also provide assistance in filling out the application for the Breast and Cervical Cancer Treatment Program (Oklahoma Cares). Oklahoma Cares provides SoonerCare benefits to uninsured women under 65, who need treatment for breast or cervical cancer (including pre-cancerous conditions and early stage cancer).
Oklahoma Health Care Authority offers several free publications that feature SoonerCare and Insure Oklahoma programs. These publications may be downloaded individually to obtain more information about the many programs available to offer assistance to those in need.
The Oklahoma State Department of Health is mobilizing a fleet of wellness units and vans to help provide public health services in every corner of our state.
Harmon County Health Department
1104 N 7th Street
Hollis, OK 73550
Phone: (580) 688-3348
Fax: (580) 688-2645
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
(Closed at noon for lunch, weekends and State Holidays)