It is not necessary to purchase items through OMES that are available through Order Tech Now. Order Tech Now allows you to pay for preapproved products and services directly, saving you time and hassle to purchase what you need.
Order Tech Now
Order Tech Now is your one-stop shop for procuring pre-approved client computers, accessories, software and more. State agencies may acquire these products directly from approved vendors knowing these products will work within our technology environment, meet our state architecture and security requirements and be supportable by OMES.
Which computer is right for you? View NTT DSO order portal for product specifications of current models.
How to Order
- To purchase additional Microsoft licensing (Visio, PowerBI, Project, etc.), contact email@example.com.
- Order Software & Accessories
- Order Computers, Laptops, Tablets (Dell & Apple)*
- Contact your agency CPO to order on Dell.
- Order Accessories (Apple)*Note: To order computers, laptops and tablets create a request in the Tech Desk portal.
Workstation Leasing Standards
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services has coordinated with approved vendors to implement the leasing solution for state computers. State agencies are required to procure approved software, hardware and accessories directly from these approved vendors. The benefits of this are knowing these devices will work in our technology environment, meet state architecture and security requirements and be supportable by OMES complying with the IT Consolidation and Coordination Act (62 OS § 62-35.1 (link opens in new window).
Standard Computer, Laptop & Tablet Configurations
View the NTT DSO order portal for pricing, configuration and available accessories for state standard computers, laptops and tablets.
Effective date of July 1, 2021.
Note: Leases are for 36 months.
Need to just order accessories? Contact your agency CPO to order on Dell.
Need to order a different workstation than the standard? For any special configuration, please complete the Lease Exemption Form (access required, opens in new window). The system notifies the submitter of approval/denial. If approved for exemption, please attach to the requisition for support justification. Contact the OMES Service Desk for more information.
If you do not require physical hardware but instead a site to log into to gain access to a computer environment, we now have virtual leasing as an option. Refer to the Service Map for more information.
OMES partnered with industry leaders to provide competitive leasing options for desktops, laptops and tablets to include the following benefits:
- No high upfront costs. Cost is spread over the life of the lease, and funds stay consistent each year for technology refresh.
- Pre-installed. Computer arrives with the right software and needed security configuration.
- Enhanced support. Includes 24/7 remote vendor support and next day on-site vendor support.
- Minimized risk. Keeps security current, reducing risk and ensuring state data protection.
- Less maintenance. Newer, leased equipment costs less to maintain than outdated workstations.
- It is the state standard. Purchasing workstations requires an exception.
- Geo-tracking capabilities. Ability to physically locate assets if connected to a network.
- Streamlined installation and removal process. Image, tag and deploy computers to your location. Remove workstations according to EPA regulations. Provide an end-of-life certificate of destruction.
Mobile Phone Services
Please visit our Mobile Device Management resource page for more information on our cell phone offerings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our partner portal pages only showcase software and hardware that have been preapproved by your agency and that meets our state standards for stability and security. View preapproved software and hardware for your agency at approved.ok.gov.
If there is an item not on the product catalog that needs to be ordered, complete the product request form and OMES will work with our vendor to review and determine if this is something that can be added to the catalog or if it is a standalone request that needs further information to develop purchase quotes.
Per the procurement information memorandum “Delegation of Authority from CIO for Certain IT Procurement Purchases” the state Chief Information Officer has statutory approval authority over all information technology and telecommunications acquisitions as defined in the Oklahoma Central Purchasing Act. View the PIM for more detailed information on purchasing limits.
The only payment type that is accepted at this time on the portal are purchase orders.
To comply with state IT Standards and the Oklahoma IT Security policy, OMES is responsible for device inventory and will be tracked in the OMES inventory system. The agencies are assuming the responsibility of the payment obligation.