Attorney General Opinion No. 82-120
Purchase of an additional surety bond to supplement the blanket bond contemplated under 74 O.S. § 85.29 is not authorized under related statutes in the Central Purchasing Act and the amounts set forth in §85.29 are controlling with respect to the authority provided in §85.28. Section 85.31 expressly transfers and confers upon the Purchasing Division the authority to purchase any official, surety and blanket bonds or surety contract authorized by state law.
Note: this Opinion was issued prior to enactment of 74 O.S. §85.58A et seq., which tasks OMES Risk Management with obtaining these blanket bonds.
See 74.O.S. §§85.26 through 85.31.
Purchasing Reference Guide
- Oklahoma Central Purchasing Act
- Other Procurement-Related Statutes in Title 74
- Information Technology Procurement
- IT Procurement-Related Statutes in Title 62
- Pay for Success Act
- Oklahoma Correctional Industries Procurement-Related Statute
- OMES Procurement-Related Administrative Rules
- Procurement-Related Caselaw
- Procurement-Related Attorney General Opinions
- Procurement Information Memorandums