Skip to main content

Firm Application for Certificate of Authority

Certificate of Authority authorize a firm to practice architecture or landscape architecture in Oklahoma (59 OS Sec. 46.9).

All Oklahoma licenses - individual and firm - expire on June 30th of every odd year.

In order to apply for a Certificate of Authority, your firm must have an Architect or Landscape Architect - who is licensed in Oklahoma - to serve as the firm's Architect or Landscape Architect of Record.

Your firm may have more than one Professional of Record, all of whom must be licensed in Oklahoma and must hold the legal position required based on the entity type (please see list below); however, only one person will be able fill out the application for the Certificate of Authority, which will make that person the Primary Professional of Record. 

In addition to filling out the Certificate of Authority application for the firm, the Primary Professional of Record will also be responsible for renewing the firm's CA or CT every two years, and all firm records will be found under the Primary Professional of Record's License Portal profile.

LLC, LLP, PLLC, PLLP Manager or Member
Partnership Partner
Limited Partnership General Partnership
Corporation, Sole Proprietorship, ESOP Director, Officer, Shareholder, ESOP, Principal
Association Corporation, LLC, LLP, Individuals
Joint Venture Two of the above

To find the online Certificate of Authority application, a licensed Architect, or Landscape Architect will need to log into their License Portal profile.

In addition to completing the online application, please have the following ready to submit:

  • The articles, organizational agreements or documents establishing the legal business entity.
  • A current good standing certification from the firm’s base state’s Secretary of State. (If the firm’s base state is Oklahoma, please disregard, as a Certificate of Authority from this Board is required before filing with the Secretary of State.)
  • A list of the members, managers, officers, partners, or other managing agents of the legal entity with license types, license numbers, and states of licensure/registration—on firm letterhead.
  • A list of office locations with street address, city, state, and zip code.
  • Each Professional of Record must fill out an affidavit: Architect Affidavit, and Landscape Architect Affidavit.

Fee: $325

Last Modified on Sep 07, 2023
Back to Top