OMES Forms New Customer Advisory Group to Improve State IT Service
J. Kevin Stitt
-- NEWS RELEASE --
For Immediate Release
Oklahoma COO and OMES Director John Budd has formed an advisory group to continue the push for improved efficiency, effectiveness and customer orientation in the state's technology service provider.
The group, made up of leaders from 10 different state agencies, will help OMES Information Services identify strategies and priorities that will help shape Oklahoma's technology future.
"While much of my focus to date has been on finding opportunities to be more efficient in information services, it is just as important—if not more so—that OMES starts to address the underlying concerns our customers have regarding the service they receive from the agency," said Budd. "This board comprises a good cross section of our customer roster and will shed light on ongoing problems that need to be fixed to restore customer confidence in the IT services OMES provides."
The group will meet in a quarterly summit, starting this month, to discuss challenges, brainstorm solutions and offer input on direction and execution of state technology priorities.
“When I have engaged in similar efforts in the past, I have found that you have to start by looking at customer needs, and then work from there to determine how to meet those needs. The most progress is made when a group with diverse interests can focus on working together constructively,” stated Budd. “I am confident that with the individuals who have volunteered to be a part of this effort, we will make great strides toward improving the OMES customer experience.”
Members of the group include:
- Stacie Willis, Chief Financial Officer, Department of Commerce
- Jim Buck, Deputy Commissioner, Labor
- Tony Mastin, Executive Director, Oklahoma Tax Commission
- Kevin Clagg, Chief Financial Officer, Office of Juvenile Affairs
- Marcie Mack, Executive Director, Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education;
- Brandy Wreath, Public Utility Director, Oklahoma Corporation Commission
- Steven Hawkins, Budget Director, Oklahoma State Banking Department
- Tim Gatz, Executive Director, Oklahoma Department of Transportation and Oklahoma Turnpike Authority
- Andrew Messer, Deputy Treasurer for Policy and Debt Management/State Bond Advisor, Deputy Treasurer for Policy and Debt Management/State Bond Advisor
- Scott Crow, Chief of Operations, Department of Corrections
Director of Public Affairs
405-535-5198 | [email protected]
About the Office of Management and Enterprise Services
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services provides financial, property, purchasing, human resources and information technology services to all state agencies, and assists the Governor’s Office on budgetary policy matters. Our mission: Provide excellent service, expert guidance and continuous improvement in support of our partners’ goals. For more information, visit OMES.OK.gov.