Local Government Resource Center
· The CIRB fund is state funds dedicated to the county highway system, to construct or reconstruct roads and bridges of the highest priority.
· The CIRB Five-Year Plan is approved by Transportation Commission.
· Previously capped at $120 million per year with 25% ($30 million) going directly to counties, in 2022 the Oklahoma Legislature agreed to raise the cap by $5 million per year for the next 6 years to eventually be capped at $150 million.
· Funding is split evenly between the 8 ODOT districts.
ER- EMERGENCY RELIEF -
· Federal emergency relief fund for counties and cities who experience damage on major collectors due to a disaster. This funding is provided after a presidential declaration of a disaster or the Governor declares an emergency and FHWA concurs.
· It is a reimbursement program. Because of federal funding, federal requirements must be met for reimbursement, including R/W certs, NEPA clearances, Federal Authorizations, for claim payment.
· The ER Program reimburses for 100% of emergency repairs in the first 270 days, 80% after 270 days. Permanent repairs for county major collector roads are funded with 80% ER funds and 20% matching funds.
· Link to Federal Highway ER page: https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/programadmin/erelief.cfm
· Contact Local Government Division for more information.
TAP- TRANSPORTATION ALTERNATIVE PROGRAM -
· Federal Funds allocated as Transportation Alternatives. These projects are designed to improve the safety and connectivity within communities and cities through pedestrian, bicycle and recreational trail activities.
· Competitive application process – call for projects closes Sept. 30, 2022
· Final project submission – Nov. 1-Nov. 30
· Selection completed by independent committee
· Transportation Commission awards will be made April 2023
· Projects delivered by ODOT following all federal funding guidelines
· FHWA TAP:
Contact Local Government for any questions.
BFP – BRIDGE FORMULA PROGRAM -
· Federal funding intended to reduce the number of structurally deficient bridges on the off-system in Oklahoma. This includes city and county owned bridges.
· Must be SD
· ODOT will administer the projects and program
· Can be 100% federally funded
· All federal requirements must be met
Small Cities Bridge Program - BEING DEVELOPED- MORE INFORMATION TO COME (will include link to application in future)
EQUIPMENT REVOLVING FUND -
· State Funded Lease-Purchase program for County equipment. Budget varies depending on annual lease payments from the previous year.
· Allows counties to lease equipment through ODOT with a one-time 3% interest premium
· Contact Local Government Division for more information
Lake and Industrial Access Programs -
· State funds for surfacing reimbursement program.
· City/County forces prepare the base and drainage.
· Contact Mitch Surrett at MSURRETT@ODOT.ORG for more information
Municipal Road Drilling Activity Fund -
· $5M state funds dedicated to assist municipalities repair roadway damage caused by increased oilfield activity
· Municipality must be under 15K population
· (Applications for FY2023 MRDAF are no longer being accepted. Applications for FY2024 funds will open July 1st, 2023)