Skip to main content

Now hiring at a location near you! Food service; medical, dental and mental health; correctional industries and agri-services; correctional officers; probation and parole officers; administrative staff; and more. Apply today!

Intervention and Reentry Services

Stephanie Adams
Administrator Program Services

Program Services provides training, curriculum review, program development and oversight of inmate programming. Program Services ensures that the best practice methods are utilized in the delivery of effective interventions. Cognitive behavioral and social learning modalities are the preferred method of program delivery.

As the inmate nears the end of his/her incarceration, a reentry plan is developed. Attention is focused toward the inmate’s employment, housing, education, substance abuse treatment, aftercare and transitional service needs.

Oklahoma Reentry

This web resource will provide a central location of useful resource links for those transitioning into communities across the state. Every attempt has been made to include the most accurate and current information. However, the Oklahoma Department of Corrections cannot be held responsible or liable for the information provided by programs listed or for the quality or nature of services provided by another agency or organization. Included are links to numerous public service agencies and government publications and web sites.



Many churches, as well as local faith-based and non-profit organizations, have limited clothing available. Contact a local church, organization or community action agency in your area to request a clothing donation upon release. Each organization may have its own criteria for donating clothing to an ex-offender, such as requiring a copy of a prison discharge. Additionally, the Salvation Army and Goodwill have thrift stores that sell used clothing at greatly reduced prices. 

The United Way is another valuable resource.  They may be able to provide you with contact information regarding places in your area that can supply you with free or low-cost clothing.


Immediate short-term housing includes homeless shelters, temporary residences for homeless people, and transitional housing programs to assist people who are ready to move beyond the shelter to a more independent living situation. Transitional programs allow individuals and families to further develop the stability, confidence, and coping skills needed to sustain permanent housing. If ready for independent living apart from shelters and transitional housing, choose independent housing such as apartments, rental houses, or mortgages.

Another barrier to independent living is the cost of utilities. Some units include all utilities in the rent and are generally advertised as "All Bills Paid." For those that do not, check into the three major utilities: electricity, water (trash and sewage are usually included), and natural gas (or propane). Most utility companies require a deposit before turning on service. The companies may allow you to pay out the deposit monthly with your regular usage bill. If you had service with the company in the past and left an unpaid bill, the utility company will generally require that the old bill be paid and a new deposit paid before turning on the service. Contact the utility department of the city offices for the town/city in which you will be residing and ask which electric company and natural gas company you need to contact. If you have your own residence and have temporary difficulty paying your utilities, contact a Community Action Agency, local church, Salvation Army, or other utility assistance program for help.


What does it take to gain employment in the current job market after serving prison time?  Effective strategies include honesty, strategic job searching, computer skills and effective interviewing.  The job world has changed substantially in the past years and continues to do so.  Dropping off a paper resume is no longer the best way to get an interview.  The ability to upload a word processed resume onto a potential employer's web site or an employment search engine is essential in today's employment world.

Multiple employment web sites are available below.  Also, information regarding the Federal Bonding Program is available, a program that encourages employers to employ at-risk job applicants, such as ex-offenders.


Identification is important and required for a lot of purposes. Whether it be a driver's license, state id, social security card, or passport, all will be important at some time during your life.

Social Security Information

Toll free number: 1-800-772-1213

U.S. Passport

Obtaining a passport generally speaking a felony conviction will not bar a felon from obtaining a U.S. passport but the final authority is the US Government. Even after you obtain a passport you still have the problem of being allowed to enter other countries. Many will restrict felons from entering (Australia) and some restrict based on the crime(s) involved (Canada, Great Britton/UK). Some require that you only stay for a certain length of time and/or relocate to another country. Most Countries require a background check of some sort. The nature of the crime makes a hug difference. If you were convicted of a federal or state drug felony and you used a passport to cross an international boundary or some other way to further the offense more than likely you will be disqualified. The passport offices also check you name against a list. Basically, if you have any outstanding warrants, or child support owed over $5,000, you will be on the list. Also, any law enforcement can request your name be placed on the list if they do not want you to get a passport, for example if they feel that you will flee to avoid prosecution, etc. Generally, just because you got convicted does not mean you cannot get a passport, except for the child support issue. You can contact the Federal Passport Agency for the information related to your specific situation.

Toll Free Number: 1-877-487-2778

Last Modified on May 28, 2024
Back to Top