Skip to main content

Adult Day Health Services (state funded)

Adult day health services meet the physical, social and emotional needs of older adults and those adults with disabilities. DHS contracts with adult day health centers across the state to support the health, nutritional, social and daily living needs of adults in a professionally staffed, group setting. Services provided include health monitoring and medication administration; socialization, leisure, recreational and educational activities; assistance with personal care; nutritious lunches and snacks; transportation and counseling.


Applicants for Adult Day Health services are referred to the ADvantage Waiver or the Developmental Disabilities Services (DDS) Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Waiver, as appropriate.  DHS state funded Adult Day Health services may be received for four months while the application for waiver services is pending.

All adult day services participants must be determined ineligible for either the ADvantage Waiver or the DDS HCBS Waiver or be placed on the DDS waiting list to receive state funded Adult Day Health Services beyond the four month determination period. 

How to Apply and Who to Contact:  

What to Bring:

Social Security cards or numbers; proof of US citizenship (birth certificate, voter registration card or US Passport); proof of immigration status if not a US citizen (legal permanent resident card, I-94 or other immigrant registration card, passport or T visa); proof of income: Social Security statement, Railroad Retirement Insurance, pension, IRA distributions, annuities, dividends, veterans compensations, Veterans Affairs payments, child support, rental income, workers' compensation, unemployment benefits, mineral rights, alimony check, contributions received regularly and earned income (dated check stubs for the last 30 days that show your name or Social Security number, date of pay, and income before deductions); a copy of last year's tax return if self-employed, receiving dividends, rental income or mineral rights.

Back to Top