Law and Legislative Reference
The Law and Legislative Reference Collection contains specialized materials to support the work of state elected officials, the state Supreme Court, the state Court of Civil Appeals, the state Court of Criminal Appeals, district courts, legislative bodies, executive agencies, state boards and commissions, and members of the legal profession.
Materials selected are Oklahoma Statutes, Oklahoma Session Laws, case reports, treatises, and periodicals. These are either physical copies or online resources.
Law and Legislative Reference of the Oklahoma Department of Libraries provides prompt, nonpartisan, confidential and accurate information to Oklahoma’s executive, legislative, and judicial branches of government and to members of the general public.
Cartwright Law Collection
Federal Legal Materials -
Electronic Access to Primary and Secondary Federal Legal Resources
Oklahoma Legal Materials -
Electronic and Print access to Primary and Secondary Oklahoma Legal Resources
- Attorney General Opinions, Legislative Journals, Session laws and Statutes (Territorial - Present)
- Oklahoma Administrative Code, Oklahoma Register, and Oklahoma Gazette
- House and Senate Rules
- Oklahoma Bar Journal
- Practice Guides and Treatises
Oklahoma State Reports –
(These resources are stored off-site. Please contact us directly if you would like to use them.)
Legal and News Journalism–
Select titles available in print. Law Reviews available electronically via HeinOnline.
Statutes and Codes
- Municipal Codes
- Other States
- Findlaw: Federal case law/Case law of other states
- Oklahoma State Courts Network
- Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court
Legal Research at Oklahoma Department of Libraries
- Lexis Advance – available in the library
- HeinOnline– available in library for the public; state employees can access remotely with ODL card
Legal Information for Oklahoma (LIO)
ODL's Law and Legislative Reference office can be found on the 2nd floor at the Allen Wright Memorial Library, 200 NE 18th Street, OKC, OK.
For more information or to inquire about access to the collection, please contact Doug Amos at 405-522-3515 or email Douglas.Amos@libraries.ok.gov or contact Christine Chen at 405-522-3213 or email Christine.Chen@libraries.ok.gov.