Oklahoma Airport Operators Association Meet with Oklahoma Lawmakers to Rally Support for Airport Development
OKLAHOMA CITY – On Tuesday, representatives from the Oklahoma Airport Operators Association (OAOA) gathered at the Capitol to meet with state legislators and express their support for continued coordination and investment in Oklahoma’s 108 public use airports. The group met with over 35 Representatives and Senators throughout the day, Speaker of the House Representatives, Charles McCall, as well as Lt. Governor Matt Pinnell.
Lance Lamkin, President of OAOA and Administrator of Max Westheimer Airport in Norman, described the effort as the Association’s first of many legislative visits in an effort to bolster awareness of the value that airports bring to their communities and the State. Lamkin said, “Oklahoma’s airports are the foundation of the State’s second largest and fastest growing industry. We must continue to identify policies and invest our resources into programs that support the long term success of the aviation and aerospace industry.”
Airport representatives who participated in meetings with legislators include:
- Foster Becquet, Stillwater Regional Airport
- Alexis Higgins, Tulsa International Airport
- Lisa Jewett, Grove Municipal Airport
- Lance Lamkin, Max Westheimer Airport
- Mike Middleton, Cushing Municipal Airport
- Paul Priegel, Stillwater Regional Airport
- Kristy Slater, Wiley Post Airport
- Schellon Stanley, Guthrie-Edmond Regional Airport
OAOA represents 69 airports across the State of Oklahoma. In a 2017 Economic Impact Study conducted by the Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission, airports generate $10.8 billion in economic activity.