Change of Name, Address or Email?
Name/Address Changes Are Due Within 30 Days Of The Change If You Are Or Ever Have Been Licensed With This Board
- Pursuant to OAC 485:10-7-9, all licensed RNs and all licensed LPNs are to notify this Board of a name/address change within 30 days of the change.
- Pursuant to OAC 485:10-10-11, all certified AUAs are to notify this Board of a name/address change within 30 days of the change.
- Pursuant to OAC 485:10-15-10, all licensed APRNs are to notify this Board of a name/address change within 30 days of the change.
Address changes are to be submitted through the Manage Profile/Demographics section of the Nurse Portal within 30 days of a change of address.
- If you have an Oklahoma multistate license and your new primary state of residence is another compact state, you must apply for a license in that state. You may continue to practice under your existing multistate license while your application is being processed. After your new multistate license has been issued, your Oklahoma multistate license will be deactivated.
- If you have an Oklahoma multistate license and your new primary state of residence is not in a compact state, your Oklahoma license will be converted to a single state license.
- If you have an Oklahoma single state license and you obtain a multistate license in another compact state, you may retain your Oklahoma single state license until it lapses, expires or becomes inactive. Your Oklahoma single state license cannot be renewed or reinstated once you obtain a multistate license in another compact state.
- If you have an Oklahoma single state license and you apply for a single state license in your new primary state of residence, you may retain your Oklahoma single state license if you so choose.
Name changes are to be submitted through the Other Applications link in your Nurse Portal account within 30 days of the change. You will be required to submit the current statutory fee at the time of submission of the name change request. If you are currently in the application/certification process, and have never been licensed/certified with this Board, you will not be required to pay the associated fee. All requests for a name change must be accompanied by an uploaded certified copy of the legal document changing your name to the newly requested name.
Email address changes are to be submitted through the Manage Profile link of the Nurse Portal account. Keeping your email address current will provide opportunities to timely receive newsletters, alerts and other information for licensees, certificants and applicants. Your Nurse Portal account is associated with your email address. Newsletters are transmitted via GovDelivery. Should you have an issue regarding receipt of the GovDelivery notifications, please ensure the email address OKOBN@public.govdelivery.com is in your email safe senders list. You may subscribe to the OBN Newsletter at the bottom of each webpage.