Physician Loan Repayment Program
Loan repayment is made possible by the State of Oklahoma through the Oklahoma Health Care Workforce Training Commission in order to offer the following benefits:
- Assistance to Oklahoma licensed primary care physicians who agree to establish a practice in a rural community located in Oklahoma approved by the Commission.
- Access to medical care and services to Oklahoma citizens in rural and underserved areas with special emphasis to Medicaid and Medicare recipients.
- Be licensed to practice medicine in Oklahoma.
- Be a primary care physician. Primary care includes family medicine, geriatrics, general internal medicine, general pediatrics, obstetrics/gynecology or emergency medicine. (general surgery pending)
- Have legitimate, documented medical educational loans through an educational loan institution.
- Not have any service obligation that would conflict with this obligation.
- Not be currently practicing in a rural Oklahoma community.
Amount of Loan Repayment
$200,000.00 maximum for four years.
$50,000 first year, $50,000 second year, $50,000 third year, and $50,000 final year.
Based on amount of educational loans to be repaid.
Lump sum yearly payments are made at the conclusion of each obligated practice year. Financial assistance may be extended to a maximum of four years. This a public/private sponsored program.
Physicians on Loan Repayment should reside in the community area in which they serve.
Due to the rural aspect of the scholarship, communities near Oklahoma City and Tulsa may not qualify for residency location.
Application and Contract
Current Participant Documents and Information
Deputy Director/Physician Loan Repayment Oversight
Oklahoma Health Care Workforce Training Commission
Robinson Renaissance Building
119 North Robinson Avenue, Suite 520
Oklahoma City, OK 73120