Physician Assistant Loan Repayment Program
Loan repayment is made possible by the State of Oklahoma through the Health Care Workforce Training Commission in order to offer the following benefits:
- Assistance to Oklahoma licensed primary care physician assistants who agree to establish a practice in a community located in Oklahoma approved by the Commission.
- Access to medical care and services to Oklahoma citizens in rural and underserved areas with special emphasis to Medicaid and Medicare recipients.
- Be licensed to practice medicine in Oklahoma.
- Be a primary care physician. Primary care includes family medicine, geriatrics, general internal medicine, general pediatrics, obstetrics/gynecology or emergency medicine. (general surgery pending)
- Have legitimate, documented medical educational loans through an educational loan institution.
- Not have any service obligation that would conflict with this obligation.
- Not be currently practicing in a rural Oklahoma community.
Amount of Loan Repayment
$60,000.00 maximum for three years.
$10,000 at the end of your first year.
$20,000 at the end of your second year.
$30,000 at the end of your third and final year.
This is based on the amount of educational loans to be repaid.
This is a 50% / 50% matching program with the practice community.
Participating physicians must agree to practice medicine at the contracted medical facility. The obligation is year to year.
Due to the rural aspect of the scholarship, communities near Oklahoma City and Tulsa may not qualify for residency location.