Skip to main content
  1. Who is eligible for CSS services?
  2. How do I apply for CSS services?
  3. Where do I send child support payments?
  4. How can parents receiving services help CSS’s efforts?
  5. Are there services CSS does not provide?
  6. I am applying for assistance under TANF do I have to seek child support from the children’s noncustodial parent?
  7. How much child support will be ordered?
  8. What can I do to get my support increased if I think it is too low?
  9. Do I need to tell CSS when I move?
  10. Can CSS help with questions or problems about visitation?
  11. If a judge makes a decision I disagree with, what can I do?
  12. When I was a child, the noncustodial parent did not pay the support he/she was ordered to pay. Can I collect the money that is owed?
  13. Do you have an attorney I can talk to about a question I have related to child support?
  14. If the other parent may cause me or the child physical or emotional harm if my address is disclosed, or if I have a protective order against the other parent, what should I do?
  15. I have been receiving child support directly for years but I recently went to court and the support is now ordered to be paid through CSS. What do I need to do?
  16. My child will turn 18 soon but he is still in high school. What will happen to the child support?
  17. I live in another state. Can I get help from CSS in Oklahoma?
  18. I see you publish a Most Wanted list. How do you decide what noncustodial parents to include on the list?
  19. What information is needed to collect child support?
  20. Where can I find this information?
  21. Why is there a child support program?
  22. What is the purpose of child support?
  23. What if I don’t have a Social Security number for the non-custodial parent?
  24. What are arrears?
  25. When is my case considered delinquent?
  26. What if I am in the military and called to active duty?
  27. Credit Bureau Reporting
  28. Credit Bureau Reporting and the Military
  29. What Triggers A Credit Bureau Referral?
  30. I am applying for housing assistance and I need child support verification, what do I do?

CSS Provides services to:

  • Custodians of children receiving TANF, State Medicaid, or Aid to the Blind or Disabled when at least one parent is absent from the home
  • Noncustodial parents of children receiving assistance from the CSS
  • Custodians of children not receiving assistance when at least one parent is absent from the home
  • Any person who is responsible for paying child support.

To receive an Application for Child Support Services in the mail, call the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system at 1-800-522-2922 and follow the instructions below:

  • For English, Press 1; for Spanish, Press 2
  • If a Parent or Custodian, Press 1; for all Other callers, Press 2

Main Menu:

For payment mailing information or to request an Application for services, Press 2

Sub Menu:

To request Application for services, Press 2

Once you have selected to order an application for child support services.  You will be asked to enter your day-time telephone number, your zip code and also to speak your name and mailing address.

Please begin now.

  • Using your touch-tone keypad enter your ten-digit day-time telephone number starting with the area code.
  • Enter your 5-digit zip code.
  • At the tone record your name and mailing address. When you are finished recording, press the pound key.

You will be asked to confirm the contact information you entered. If it is correct, Press 1. If you wish to re-enter it, Press 2

You may also download a copy of the
Application for Child Support Services (Form: 03EN001E) from the Internet. 

Return the completed application with a full copy of all child support orders to the State Disbursement Unit with the mailing label included in the application packet. Families applying for TANF, State Medicaid, or Aid to the Blind and Disabled must complete a child support referral form at the local DHS office. The referral is then electronically submitted to CSS.

Payments should be sent to the appropriate address below:

send payments to:
Oklahoma Centralized Support Registry
P. O. Box 268809
Oklahoma City, OK 73126‑8809

Noncustodial Parents
send payments to:
Oklahoma Centralized Support Registry
P. O. Box 268849
Oklahoma City, OK 73126‑8849

Child Support Offices and Interstate Payments
send payments to:
Oklahoma Centralized Support Registry
P. O. Box 268954
Oklahoma City, OK

You can help CSS collect support for your family by:

  • Giving CSS all the information asked for on the application
  • Providing all child support orders related to your case
  • Providing a clear, detailed month-by-month record of child support payments received from the noncustodial parent
  • Telling CSS of any periods the other parent had custody
  • Giving CSS clear and complete child support information
  • Informing CSS of any changes in your address
  • Informing CSS of any changes in the noncustodial parent's address, employment, or assets
  • Providing the noncustodial parent's correct Social Security number
  • Making a list of all of the noncustodial parent’s hobbies, (hunting, fishing, etc.), professional organizations, or trade unions which may require a professional license 
  • Responding to any request for additional information as soon as possible

Your failure to cooperate with CSS may require CSS to begin a process to close your child support case. If you are receiving public assistance, your grant can be reduced.

Yes, CSS does not provide these services:

  • Property settlements
  • Visitation or custody issues
  • Attorney's fees
  • Spousal support only.


When your TANF case is opened, CSS will automatically initiate a child support case. Failure to cooperate on the child support case can cause the TANF assistance to be denied.

Child support in Oklahoma is ordered using:

  • The gross income of both parents
  • Along with any medical insurance premium being paid by one parent and
  • Actual child care expenses being paid to the child care provider

This information plus any other information required under the law is inserted into a calculation called the Child Support Guidelines and computed to determine the monthly child support obligation the noncustodial parent is ordered to pay. Only a judge can order that child support be paid. You can obtain a copy of the Child Support Guidelines Computation application at the following places:

There is an instruction page with the form which explains how to use it.

If the order was not issued in the past 12 months, and your case has not already been reviewed in that time, you can submit a written request for modification to your case worker. The case worker will send financial affidavits to both parties and use those to determine if the support amount should be modified. If the calculated support amount differs by more than 20 percent from the existing support order, the order will be modified regardless of whether the change is an increase or decrease.


If CSS does not have the proper address for you, information such as notification letters or payment distribution checks cannot be sent to you.

CSS does not provide visitation services. If you have visitation issues that you need a judge to resolve, you will have to have those issues enforced by the court that issued your order. However, CSS can refer you to the IV-D mediation service that serves the area where you live. They can help you and the other parent resolve your visitation issues through mediation.

After an administrative hearing before an Administrative Law Judge and an administrative order is entered establishing or enforcing a child support order, you may appeal the order to district court within 30 days. You may appeal a district court to the appellate court within the time frames set out in Oklahoma law.

The former custodial parent, not the now-emancipated child, is the person with standing to enforce the unpaid child support that accrued during the minority of the child.

Authority: Stanton v. Stanton, 421 US 7, 11 (1975); Doak v. Doak, 1940 OK 256; Lowry v. Lowry, 1941 OK 323.


CSS cannot provide legal advice. You should seek the advice of a private attorney. Child Support Services does not represent you, we represent the state of Oklahoma. However, you will need to provide us with copies of all legal pleadings in this matter.

Contact your case worker and request a Family Violence - Address of Record Statement (Form: 03EN008E) (.pdf, 2 pp, 127 KB). You will need to provide an Address of Record which is a public address where legal and other official papers may be mailed. This address may be a post office box. This Address of Record may be given to the other parent or party, but your home address will not be released once the Family Violence Non-Disclosure Statement has been turned in. 

If you have an active case with Child Support Services, you should make sure that you provide written notice to CSS of the address to which your child support payments are to be sent. If CSS is not assisting in the collection of your child support order, you should provide this address to the Oklahoma Centralized Support Registry. If you change your address, you should notify CSS or the Payment Registry in writing of your new address.

If you do not have an active case with the CSS to receive full services, you will need to fill out an
Application for Child Support Services (Form: 03EN001E) (.pdf, 18 pp, 734 KB). An application can be found at any child support office where you can go or you can call to ask for one to be mailed, or through this Web site. A copy of your court orders will need to be included with the application.

If the order was issued in Oklahoma, and if the child is still in high school at age 19, child support is payable until age 20, or the date of graduation, whichever comes first. For orders issued in other states, the law of that state governs the termination of the child support obligation.


If you have an open case in another state and the other parent or party lives in Oklahoma, your local case worker can submit requests to CSS in Oklahoma. All communication with CSS in Oklahoma should go through your local case worker in your home state.

If you have not already initiated a child support case through another state child support agency, you may make an application for child support services directly with CSS by submitting a completed
Application for Child Support Services (Form: 03EN001E) (.pdf, 18 pp, 734 KB) to Child Support Services. You do not have to be an Oklahoma resident to apply for child support services in Oklahoma.

The local field office determines who is a candidate for the Most Wanted Program. They forward their request to the Special Investigation Unit (SIU) located at the State Office. SIU will review the case and determine if the referral is to be selected for Most Wanted. SIU has 2 requirements:

  • There must be an outstanding warrant
  • All efforts to locate have been attempted by the district office.

The most important piece of information about the noncustodial parent is his or her:

  • Social Security number

All other helpful information:

  • Date of birth
  • Address
  • Name of employer
  • Bank account numbers
  • Names and contact Information for  relatives and friends who may have information on the non-custodial parent’s current whereabouts
  • Property ownership documents

Not all of this information may be needed in each case. The local CSS office may be requesting other information from you to work your individual case.

Good sources of this information include:

  • State and federal tax returns
  • Hospital or medical records
  • Paycheck stubs
  • Military records
  • Insurance policies.

Child Support Services is part of the Oklahoma Department of Human Services (DHS). CSS administers the program with in-house staff and through contracts with local district attorneys and non-profit agencies.

In December 1974 the U.S. Congress amended Title IV of the Social Security Act by adding Part D – Child Support and Establishment of Paternity. Title IV-D required each state to designate an organization to administer a plan for enforcing child support. Services provided by CSS to parents under this law are called IV-D cases.

Non IV-D cases refer to all child support cases within Oklahoma other than Title IV-D cases. Generally, these cases are enforced privately by the custodial party (obligee) or noncustodial parent (obligor) or their attorney.

Child support is based upon the concept that children are entitled to the support of both parents. This recognizes that there are costs associated with raising children. For example, the custodial parent often has to secure larger living quarters than he/she would otherwise need. The custodial parent may need larger or different transportation, in addition to basic food, clothing, school supplies, medical expenses and so forth. The custodial parent is often paying these things directly. Child support is designed to partially offset these expenses and even out the burden based upon the parent’s respective incomes.

State and federal tax returns, paycheck stubs, military records, and insurance policies may have the non custodial parent’s social security number on them. Any other information, such as date of birth, address, name of employer, bank account numbers, names and contact information on relatives and friends who may have information on the non custodial parent’s current whereabouts, and property ownership documents, can be helpful as well.

"Arrears," "arrearage," or "past-due support" means the total amount of unpaid support obligations that have accrued under a support order.

Child support is considered "delinquent" if it is not received on the date the payments are due, according to the court order. If an income assignment is in effect, the schedule for receiving payments may be affected by the terms of the notice to the employer and the payroll dates of the employer. In those cases, if child support is not received in full by CSS by the last day of the month, it is considered "delinquent." However, there are certain criteria that must be met before any enforcement action can be taken.

If you have been called to active duty, please notify Child Support Services to report the change in address and/or employment status by calling 1-800-522-2922. For further information, please read our Information for Recently activated military personnel.

The federal law requires credit bureau reporting for all state Child Support agencies. The federal requirements for the automation of child support systems direct states to forward arrearage information to credit reporting agencies. This requirement is found in 42 U.S.C. (a) (7). CSS system should automatically update credit bureau information every 30-35 days. Anyone disputing information on his or her credit report may submit a consumer dispute (Link opens in new window) form to his or her credit bureau. 

When a customer is called to or is on active duty in the nation's armed services the customer is given an additional two months grace period. This allows DFAS to get the income withholding in place. The automated system determines when a customer has entered active duty.

Triggers are conditions within the states computer system that begin an automated credit bureau process. The following triggers need to be in place to automate the initial referral process:

  • Case status must be open for processing.
  • Case must be open as a full service case.
  • The obligation must be active and complete.
  • The noncustodial parent must have a valid SSN. (Valid does not always mean verified.)
  • The noncustodial parent’s address must be updated and verified. 
  • A hearing on the case cannot be pending.
  • The noncustodial parent's past due amount must be greater than $1000 or be two month in arrears.
  • The case must be posting child support due.
  • One final report to credit bureaus when case is closed (04 status), zero balance.

When all of these triggers exist for a case, a noncustodial parent may be referred to the credit bureaus as owing child support. The credit bureaus will then signify that the obligor is “seriously past due.”

Note: When a customer pays by income assignment (IA) the automated system identifies  payments received in the prior month. Those payments have a 15-day “grace period” on either end of the review period. If an IA payment arrives a few days early or, late, the customer is not reported as “seriously past due.” The customer continues to be reported as “in good standing.”

For customers making “voluntary” payments, to determine if the customer is in good standing the prior three months of payments are reviewed to see if the customer has made payments equal to the posting amounts. For these customers, we add a 15-day grace period on the end of the three months review period. Involuntary payments, including IRS and OTC offsets, FIDM, etc, are not included in the three months review period.

You will need to mail or fax a letter to the Center for Customer Services which contains the following information:

  • Consent for CSS to release child support information for housing purposes
  • Your social security number
  • A copy of your Oklahoma driver's license or ID to verify identity
  • Name of the housing representative contact person
  • Information on where to send completed forms (mailing address or fax number)
  • Your signature

Please allow 5-7 business days for the verification to be completed and submitted to the housing agency. If you have additional questions you may call our CARE Center at 1-800-522-2922 or by e-mail.

Mail letter to: 
CSS - State Office
Attn: Center for Customer Services
P.O. Box 248822
Oklahoma City, OK 73124

Fax letter to:
CSS - State Office
Attn: Center for Customer Services
Fax: (405) 522-3685

Back to Top