What is Oklahoma Applied Research Support?
OCAST’s Oklahoma Applied Research Support (OARS) program is a funding program that invests in research and development supporting innovative technologies with commercial potential. This funding is designed to increase investment in the R&D of new technologies that will ultimately bring value to the state of Oklahoma and help grow and diversify the state’s economy.
Why Oklahoma Applied Research Support?
- Proof-of-Concept funding supports early stage applied R&D with awards of up to $90,000 for one or two years
- Accelerated OARS funding supports later stage applied R&D with awards of up to $500,000 for up to three years
- Provides third party validation of innovation
- Funds unproven, high-risk concepts and innovation
Who is eligible to apply?
- Oklahoma public or private colleges or universities
- Non-profit research institutions
- Private enterprises with the principal place of business in Oklahoma
How to apply?
- Next application submission period opens on August 29, 2022 and closes September 26, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. CDT.
- When available during the application submission period, view the OCAST funding opportunity announcement including submission dates and application instructions
- Through OCAST’s online application portal OGX
- Additional information about online application process
- Effective 1/1/2022, start dates for program awards cannot be delayed more than 60 days and requests for delayed start dates will only be considered if there is a compelling reason such as an unavoidable delay in securing IRB approval, the principal investigator/project manager is unavoidably detained on another project, unavoidable material shortages, etc. Additionally no-cost extensions to award contracts, including no cost extensions, cannot be permitted for more than 90 days.
For more information, please click here.