OCAST Applied Research Support Program
Secure non-dilutive capital to move your innovation project toward market launch.
OCAST awards funding of up to $500,000 to companies leading innovation projects that have the potential to create economic impact in Oklahoma. Projects must have an end user application within the targeted industries identified in the 2021-2026 Science and Innovation Strategic Plan, which includes biotechnology; aerospace, autonomous systems and defense; and energy diversification.
The OCAST Applied Research Support program provides non-dilutive funding for your company to hire scientific and technical expertise, create partnerships, secure necessary supplies and equipment, or validate technologies heading toward market launch.
Successful Oklahoma Applied Research Support projects lead to workforce development and job creation, leveraged and increased capital investment, and increased revenue.
- Lead to innovation, new knowledge or technology that will benefit the company.
- Produce a measurable result and provide a positive impact to the company.
- Must have an end-user application in the area of aerospace, autonomous systems, or defense; biotechnology; or energy diversification.
- May request up to $90,000 for a Proof of Concept project or up to $500,000 for an Accelerated project. See Funding Opportunity Announcement for funding details.
- Must be an Oklahoma-based company.
- A minimum of 51% of the project work funded by OCAST must be completed within the State of Oklahoma and show an economic benefit within the state.
- Must commit a $1-for-$1 match.