Skip to main content

Regulating speech-language pathology and audiology for our citizens and practioners.





Online Applications

Access applications and submit supporting documents.

Online Renewal

Quickly and easily renew your license.


Background Search

Access the Background Check application for all new applicants.

File Complaint

Members of the public may submit allegations of misconduct.

Top 5 FAQs

There are two ways to apply for a license in Oklahoma. You can either apply online by going to our website, click on On-line Applications, choose your license type and then follow the instructions to set up an account OR you can apply by paper by going to our website, go to License Information, click on Forms and find the application for which license type you are applying for. 

Applications for licensure must be received one week prior to each Board meeting. A temporary license will be issued, once every item on checklist is received, to those becoming licensed as a Speech-Language Pathologist, Speech-Language Pathology Assistant, Clinical Fellow and Audiologist. Those becoming licensed as an Audiology Assistant will not be issued a temporary license but will be approved for a license at a Board Meeting.

The Board now has a required Reference letter form that you will use for reference letters. You can find the form under License Information and then click on forms. Reference letters are not required for Speech-Language Pathology Assistants or Audiology Assistants. This form can be emailed, faxed or mailed to our agency by the licensee or the person writing the reference letter. It does not need to be in a sealed envelope.

A licensee must provide the Board office a copy of the legal documentation of name change, i.e. a marriage certificate, divorce decree or legal name change document. There is a $5.00 fee for the office to remake a licensure card and  $25.00 for a new large certificate. If you do not need a new card then you can fax or email the Board office the legal documentation for it to be updated in the system.

A licensee or company must send the Board office a check, cash or money order for $5.00 and a request in writing for a verification of licensure. If the state that is requesting the verification has a form they provide for the Board office, you will mail that in with your fee. If the state that is requesting the verification does not provide a form you will need to include the licensees name, license number and address it needs to be mailed to.