- Image 1
- Image 2
- Image 3
- Image 4
- Image 5
Welcome from the Director
Oklahoma Department of Mines (ODM) is the state agency responsible for ensuring the reclamation of land disturbed by mining operations. The Department regulates the production of non-fuel minerals. The Department is committed to protecting the right of citizens and to the promotion of mining. The Department of Mines enforces and implements various provisions of state and federally-mandated programs in health, safety, mining, and land reclamation practices associated with surface and subsurface mining.
The Department has programs to:
- Safeguard human health and safety
- Issue permits and inspect all mining operations for land reclamation
- Minimize environmental impact to land, air, and water quality
- Regulate blasting of a mine site, and
- Conduct courses in first aid, mine safety, and accident prevention
Get in Touch With Us!
Our Oklahoma City Office is ready to assist with your needs.
Feel free to call us at (405) 427-3859 for assistance.
Our office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m..
The Department of Mines no longer regulates coal mining. Questions related to coal mining in Oklahoma should be directed to Joe Maki with the Federal Office of Surface Mining and Reclamation Enforcement at (918) 581-6431.