What we do
The Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services (DRS) expands opportunities for employment, independent life and economic self-sufficiency by helping Oklahomans with disabilities bridge barriers to success in the workplace, school and at home.
To connect to the DRS office in your area call 800.487.4042 or visit our Office Locator page.
DRS is comprised of five program divisions, Vocational Rehabilitation, Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired, Disability Determination, Oklahoma School for the Blind and Oklahoma School for the Deaf. These divisions operate dozens of programs that help Oklahomans lead more independent and productive lives.
- Vocational Rehabilitation : Employment services for people with any disability, except blindness.
- Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired: Employment and independent living services for people who are blind, visually impaired.
- Disability Determination Services: Determines medical eligibility for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Oklahoma School for the Deaf: Educational programs for children who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Oklahoma School for the Blind: Educational programs for children who are blind or visually impaired.
Oklahoma Disability Statistics
Putting it into Perspective
The Prevalence of Disability in Oklahoma
State Holidays for 2022
All Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services offices will be closed on the following dates:
- Fri., Dec. 31, for New Year's Day
- Mon., Jan. 17, for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Mon., Feb. 21, for Presidents Day
- Mon., May 30, for Memorial Day
- Mon., July 4, for Independence Day
- Mon., Sept. 5, for Labor Day
- Fri., Nov. 11, for Veterans Day
- Thurs. & Fri., Nov. 24 & 25, for Thanksgiving
- Mon. & Tues., Dec. 26 & 27, for Christmas