In the course of performing its duties, the Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services may collect personally identifiable data as supplied by applicants, licensees, vendors, or other individuals doing business with or interacting with the agency.
“Personally identifiable data” means information that can identify an individual including, but not limited to, name, birth date, place of birth, mother’s maiden name, biometric records, Social Security number, official state- or government-issued driver's license or identification number, alien registration number, government passport number, employer or taxpayer identification number, or any other information that is linked to linkable to an individual, such as medical, educational, financial, or employment information.
Personally identifiable data is stored securely in hard copy and/or electronic format in accordance with state and federal law, as well as the State of Oklahoma’s Information Security Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines, which are available at Policy, Standards & Publications (https://oklahoma.gov/omes/services/information-services/policy-standards-publications.html). Unless otherwise mandated by law, the information is only shared with other governmental agencies and/or contracted service providers as necessary for the department to perform its duties. Contracted service providers are required to maintain the confidentiality of DRS client information in accordance with applicable state and federal law.
DRS is subject to and complies with the Oklahoma Open Records Act (51 O.S. §§ 24A.1 – 24A.33). Pursuant to the Open Records Act, some records must be made available for review and copying upon request. DRS will also share personally identifiable data in response to a properly issued court order or subpoena.
Information contained in student records at the Oklahoma School for the Blind and Oklahoma School for the Deaf is governed by the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99).
DRS does not collect personal information when you visit its website unless you voluntarily submit it for a specific purpose. If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the DRS website, read pages, or download information, our website's operating system will automatically record some general information about your visit. The information collected is used to improve the content on the website and to help the DRS web staff understand how people are using the site.
During your visit, our web operating system will record:
- The Internet domain (for example, "abccompany.com" if you use a private internet access account, "schoolname.edu" if you connect from a university's domain, or “agencyname.gov” if you connect from a government’s domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web) from which you access our website
- The type of browser (e.g., Chrome, Edge, or Firefox) that you use
- The type of operating system (e.g.; Macintosh, Windows, or Unix) that you use
- The date and time you visit our site
- The web pages you visit on our site
- The address of the previous website you were visiting, if you came to the DRS website from another site
This information does not identify a site visitor by name or address and is used for gathering website usage statistics. The information DRS automatically collects pertains to your visit and does not identify a visitor by personal information.