Skip to main content

Social Security and Veteran Benefits

Service Information

​When a child who receives or may be eligible to receive Social Security (SSA or SSI) or Veteran's Administration (VA) benefits is placed in the custody and paid care of the Department of Human Services, the Department will make application to the appropriate agency to receive these benefits on behalf of the child.

While the child is in the custody and paid care of the Department, the benefits will be used to assist in the child's care. Any benefits above the amount needed to provide for the child's care will be saved for the child's later use.

Online Services

Frequently Asked Questions

Applying for benefits (general instructions for child welfare workers)

Accessing benefit funds (general instructions for child welfare workers)

Phone:  (405) 522-3478
Fax:       (405) 522-2433

Sequoyah Memorial Office Building
2400 N. Lincoln Blvd.
Oklahoma City, OK 73105

Mailing Address:

Child Welfare Services
Administrative Services Unit
Benefit Section
PO Box 25352
Oklahoma City, OK 73125

Back to Top