Child Care Services (CCS) protects children by providing unannounced on-site inspections, technical assistance and consultation to all licensed child care programs. At the time of the monitoring visit Child Care Services Staff ensures the quality of care and the enforcement of minimum requirements. CCS also provides helpful information to parents including checklists that parents can use when finding and assessing quality child care programs, as well as resources related to child development.
One of the core areas of Child Care Services is to ensure the health and safety of children. We know that parents play a critical role in helping us to ensure the well being of children, which is why we make this critical information available to parents.
- Restricted Registry (Joshua's List) - Public database to search for individuals restricted from caring for children in a licensed program.
- File a Complaint or View Case Files -Connecting parents to the licensing staff and the case information for their program.
- Find Child Care Requirements - Parents can access the rules their program are required by law to meet and maintain.
- Guidelines for Children Left Alone - Resource developed by Child Welfare to help parents determine when its best to leave their children alone at home.
- Immunizations - Information about keeping children safe and preventing disease through timely vaccines.
- Immunization Schedules - Information about keeping children safe and preventing disease through timely vaccines.
- Report Child Abuse and Neglect - Call 1-800-522-3511
- Report Human Trafficking - Call 1-855-617-2288
- Think.Prevent.Live Keep our children safe - DHS campaign to reduce the number of preventable child deaths through information and awareness.
Use the Child Care Locator/Summary of Program Monitoring to view a summary of program monitoring reports for your a child care program or to search for quality child care in Oklahoma. View the Child Care Locator Fact Sheet.
For Addtional Assitance in locating Child Care, contact: Oklahoma Child Care Resource and Referal.