Oklahoma Child Care Services - Providing Oklahoma with Quality Child Care
Our mission is to assure Oklahoma families have access to licensed, affordable, high-quality child care where children have the opportunity to develop their fullest potential in a safe, healthy and nurturing environment. It is the declared purpose and policy of the Oklahoma Child Care Facilities Licensing Act [10 O.S. § 401 through 410] to ensure maintenance of minimum standards for the care and protection of children away from their own homes, to encourage and assist the child care program to attain maximum standards, and to work for the development of sufficient and adequate services for child care. Child Care Services' responsibilities include:
- This developing minimum requirements for the care and supervision of children cared for in child care programs;
- assisting child care providers in achieving maximum standards;
- providing continuing technical assistance and consultation to the program;
- developing sufficient and adequate programs for child care in the community;
- issuing licenses based upon compliance with minimum requirements;
- investigating complaints received against child care programs; and
- taking corrective action as authorized by the Oklahoma Child Care Facilities.
Licensing Act and stated DHS policy based upon non-compliance with minimum requirements.