This document contains scope and technical requirements for accessibility to buildings and facilities by individuals with disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. These technical requirements are to be applied during the design, construction, and alteration of buildings and facilities covered by titles II and III of the ADA to the extent required by regulations issued by Federal agencies, including the Department of Justice and the Department of Transportation, under the ADA.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Welcome to the ADA and Technical Assistance information page. On this page you will find many links for information regarding the ADA, reasonable accommodation, Title I, II, and III laws and violations, and housing discrimination.
Useful references, resources and fact sheets concerning the ADA
- ADA National Network: Service Animals
- ADA National Network: Accessible Parking
- DOJ: Guidance on 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design
- ADA National Network: Effective Communication
- ADA Title III Regulations: Nondiscrimination of the Basis of Disability by Public Accommodations and in Commercial Facilities
- ADA National Network: Overview of Revised Title II and Title III Regulations
- DOJ: ADA Standards for Accessibility Design
- ADA Update: A Primer for Small Business
- ADA National Network: Overview of Standards for Accessible Design
- ADA National Network: Wheelchairs and Other Power-Driven Mobility Devices