Skip to main content

This License Wizard should only be used as a guideline to determine if you need a License of State Authorization.

License Wizard Step 2

Does your organization meet requirements for a statutory exemption? (in accordance with Title 71 §21-101.1)

To help answer the above question above, read the questions below and respond at the end:

  • Is your organization fully regulated by a different state agency, including:
    • Barber/Beauty School?
    • FAA-regulated Flight School?
    • Professional pre-licensing (exam prep), ongoing continuing education, or post graduate certificate training?
    • Degree-only programs (associates through doctorate) overseen by Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education?
  • Is the organization involved in general (secondary) education 
  • Is the organization supported by local or state taxation?
  • Is the training to be provided to be paid by an employer or a professional organization without any cost to the student?
  • Is the training to be provided solely in the field of an avocation, hobby, recreation or entertainment?
  • Can your organization's training be described as parochial, denominational, sectarian or eleemosynary?
  • Will only degrees (associates, bachelor, masters, doctorate) be offered?
  • Do your seminars or workshops include less than 24 hours of training per calendar quarter AND do you earn no more than 20% of your gross revenue for training, per CPA financials?

Continue to Step 3 that describes how to apply for approval of an exemption.

Continue to Steps 3 then 4 to explore the type of OBPVS license permitted.

Last Modified on Oct 26, 2023