Provider Update: June 3, 2019
To: All ADvantage and State Plan Personal Care Providers
Subject: Harmony Status Updates
The Medicaid Services Unit is sending out periodic updates on the status of key areas of interest to providers working in the Harmony system. If there are areas that you wish to see included in this report, please let us know.
- Oldest working date for plans in SPA Review status is 5/21/2019
- Please be sure to submit all plans/plan changes to SPA Review status unless directed to do otherwise in a Note from MSU staff.
- Oldest working date for plans in Clinical Review status is 5/2/2019
- Oldest working date for MSU-SPPC is 5/22/2019
- If there are any plans/plan changes in one of the above review status prior to the date for that review type, please advise via Provider Question (PQ). Include identifying member information and plan number.
- Please visit the Harmony Project webpage at http://www.okdhs.org/services/aging/Pages/HarmonyProject.aspx.
- A new link has been added titled Harmony System Update (under the heading Harmony Training).
- This page is updated as needed to reflect changes to the Harmony system. For example, on 5/24/2019, information was provided on masking of members' social security numbers.
- When to use Notes versus Monitoring/Progress Notes
- Notes are used to attach documents or to communicate with another person in the Harmony system.
- Monitoring/Progress Notes are used to record actions taken and whether they are billable/non-billable.
- Reminder: The Harmony system is a record
- The state of Oklahoma must come into compliance with section 12006 of the 21st Century Cures Act by implementing EVV for all home and community-based services (HCBS) waiver members.
- ADvantage is well set for this implementation as all home care services (except self-direction) are currently required to use EVV for claims development and submission to OHCA.
- The Oklahoma Health Care Authority (OHCA), our state Medicaid agency, has chosen to have an open model for EVV implementation. This means that each state agency will use the EVV vendor(s) of their choice for their waivers.
- ADvantage will continue to use First Data (AuthentiCare) for our non-self-directed members.
- ADvantage will need to come into compliance by bringing EVV to the CD-PASS (self-directed) population.
- ADvantage leadership has been working with OHCA, DHS Finance and Contracts personnel to establish the necessary relationships for implementation of EVV for CD-PASS.