340:105-10-61. Information and assistance services
(a) Policy. All information and assistance (I & A) providers comply with standards listed in Oklahoma Administrative Code (OAC) 340:105-10-50.1(a)(13), 340:105‑10‑51 and 340:105-10-61 through 340:105-10-63. I & A services include:
(1) providing participants with current information on opportunities and services available within their communities, including information relating to assistive technology;
(2) assessing the participant's problems and capacities;
(3) linking the participant to available opportunities and services;
(4) establishing adequate follow-up procedures, to the maximum extent practicable, ensuring participants receive the services needed and are aware of opportunities available; and
(5) serving the entire community of older individuals, particularly those:
(A) with greatest social need;
(B) with greatest economic need; and
(C) at risk for institutional placement.
(b) Authority. The authority for this Section is the Office of Management and Budget Notice of Action 0985-0008 and Section 102(29) of the Older Americans Act of 1965, as amended.
(c) Procedures. The Area Agency on Aging implements this Section by:
(1) incorporating the provisions in this Section into its Title III policies and procedures manual;
(2) providing technical assistance to prospective service project applicants regarding the policy in service development; and
(3) utilizing the policy as an indicator in the evaluation of service project proposals.
(d) Cross references. See OAC 340:105-10-50.1(a)(13), 340:105-10-51, 340:105‑10‑54(a)(3), 340:105-10-62, and 340:105-10-63.