340:105-10-85. Home delivered meals packaging and delivery
(a) Policy. Home delivered meals are packaged and delivered to ensure temperature control and prevent contamination and spillage.
(b) Authority. The authority for this Section is Oklahoma State Department of Health Food Service Establishment Regulations Oklahoma Administrative Code (OAC) 310:257-5-9, 310:257-5-52, and 310:257-5-62 and Section 1321.11 of Title 45 of the Code of Federal Regulations.
(c) Procedures. This Section is implemented by including procedures for:
(1) packaging and handling up to the point of delivery of the meals.
(A) Hot foods are maintained at a minimum of 135 degrees Fahrenheit.
(B) Cold foods are maintained at a temperature no more than 41 degrees Fahrenheit.
(C) Frozen foods are maintained frozen and hard;
(2) performing temperature checks at least quarterly on a random basis to ensure food is delivered at the proper temperature. Documentation of these checks is maintained by the provider and monitored by the Area Agency on Aging;
(3) packaging and packing cold, hot, and frozen foods separately;
(4) packaging meals individually and in secondary insulated food carriers to meet established safety and sanitation standards;
(5) delivering meals within four hours of leaving the production site;
(6) dating all disposable meal containers with the packaging date;
(7) marking individual meals with an expiration date by which they are consumed, refrigerated, or discarded; and
(8) providing instructions with all home delivered meals regarding reheating or chilling if needed before consumption.
(d) Cross references. Refer to OAC 340:105-10-50.1(a)(4), 340:105-10-51, 340:105-10-68, 340:105-10-70, 340:105-10-74 through 340:105-10-79, 340:105-10-82 through 340:105-10-84, and 340:105-10-86.