Join Our Team
Join the Team that Impacts Oklahoma's At-Risk Youth!
The Office of Juvenile Affairs (OJA) offers a wide range of career opportunities, whether you are new to the job market or an experienced professional.
Positions are available in metropolitan and rural areas and offer competitive benefits including:
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Leave
- Annual Leave
- Longevity Pay-bonus for years worked
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Professional Development Opportunity
- Benefit allowance to assist in health insurance coverage
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance plans
If you currently work for the State of Oklahoma, look for internal classified job announcements and unclassified positions.
Applicants with no previous State of Oklahoma “classified” service (this includes applicants with previous “unclassified” service only, probationary employees without reinstatement rights, temporaries, and contract employees) look for “regular classified job opportunities” and “unclassified jobs”.
Careers in High Demand!
Resident Care Specialist (RCS): Positions in this job family are involved in providing direct care and supervision and security, and role modeling to adjudicated residents in a state-operated facility of the juvenile justice system. This will include providing paraprofessional guidance and counseling to residents, interventions to control aggressive behaviors, documentation of behaviors and activities, and maintaining a presence at the facility in order to monitor and moderate resident behavior and activity.
Review the Announcements and Apply:
Follow the steps outlined below. Applicants will need to create a personal profile, as well as complete education and employment history. Regardless of whether or not you have previously submitted this information in an application to OJA Human Resource Management, you must provide all of your education and work experience history in your online application.
- Click on one the appropriate applicant category that fits your status.
- Scroll down the list of vacancies to find the job listings.
- Click on the job title to open the announcement.
- Click “Apply.”
- Enter the requested information in the required fields; click the “Validate” button.
- Click new user. If you used the HCM online application to apply for a state job since January 2008, or have registered previously, you can use the same account. (If unable to retrieve your User ID and/or your password, you can email email@example.com for assistance).
- Complete the application and submit.
- The “Master Application” is the application you copy from and should be kept current with your personal, education, and work information.
- You will receive a confirmation email when your application has been received.
Contact OJA Human Resources at 405-530-2800
Career Opportunities at Central Oklahoma Juvenile Center (COJC)
Contact: Teresa Wolfe
Career Opportunities at Southwest Oklahoma Juvenile Center (SWOJC)
Contact: Lavonda Kopp