Skip to main content

Consumer Complaints

First, discuss your problem with the funeral director and/or management of the funeral establishment. If you feel you were not treated fairly, the funeral director should be given the opportunity to correct the matter. If this is not acceptable, you may file a complaint by completing our complaint form.

The complaint form must be filed in writing and signed by the complainant, specifying the circumstances of the problem as well as how the problem may be corrected. Completed complaints must be emailed or mailed. 

After we receive the complaint, the complaint will be acknowledged in writing, and respondent given the opportunity to respond to the allegations.

The Board’s executive committee will review the complaint and response to determine whether an investigation is warranted. If warranted, an investigation will be made and a summary of the complaint sent to Board members.

If there are reasonable grounds for belief that a violation may have occurred, it may be set for a hearing before the Board.

The Board does not have the authority to award damages, settle contractual disputes, or offer legal advise. Contact a private attorney regarding these matters.

Consumer Protection Division, Attorney General of Oklahoma
State Capitol, Room 112
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
(405) 521-4274.

The Funeral Board does NOT have jurisdiction over cemeteries, monument companies, vault companies, or grave diggers in Oklahoma.

Please contact the Oklahoma Insurance Department regarding questions/complaints about prepaid funerals.

Oklahoma City Office Location:
400 NE 50TH Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73105 

Phone: 405-521-2828
Toll Free: 800-522-0071
Fax: 405-521-6635

Tulsa Office Location: 7645 E. 63rd St., Suite 102
Tulsa, OK 74133

Phone: 918-295-3700 Fax: 918-994-7916

Last Modified on May 23, 2023
Back to Top