Impaired Driving Accountability Program (BOT IDAP)
Overview of the Program
BOT IDAP is a new vision of the initial IDAP effort created by the state in 2019 that applies to persons arrested on or after November 1, 2022, and has been modified to provide participants an opportunity to demonstrate an ability and willingness to make safer choices when it comes to impaired driving. Effective November 1, 2022, IDAP completion is now required before a driving privileges can be reinstated. NOTICE: Enrollment in BOT IDAP does not grant driving privileges.
With the use of an ignition interlock device (IID) to aid in determining when it is safe for participants to drive, the Board will support participants in his/her efforts to regain full driving privileges. Participant program length requirements are assigned in accordance with state statute and length will depend on the number of DUI/APC offenses appearing on his/her driving history within the previous 10 years from the date of his/her arrest.
Program lengths are listed below and are not eligible to be served concurrently:
(1) no less than one hundred eighty (180) active ignition interlock days and program participation criteria as determined by the Board;
(2) no less than three hundred sixty-five (365) active ignition interlock days and program participation criteria as determined by the Board;
(3) no less than seven hundred thirty (730) active ignition interlock days and program participation criteria as determined by the Board.
Participants will be required to demonstrate compliance and program participation as defined by the Board for the entire program period.
- Participants who choose to park and drive an alternative vehicle without an ignition interlock equipped after enrolling in BOT IDAP will not be successful at completing the program.
- Participants who choose to leave an ignition interlock device in permanent lockout will not be successful at completing the program.
- Participants who fail to provide power to the ignition interlock will not be successful at completing the program.
Eligibility for completion and issuance of a completion certificate from the Board must meet the following conditions:
- Meet the active ignition interlock day requirements; and
- Meet program participation criteria requirements; and
- Have no interlock violations during the last ninety (90) active ignition interlock days of the program.