Oklahoma Employment Security Commission (OESC) Veteran Services
Local Veteran Employment Representative (LVER)
LVER’s principal duties are to:
- Conduct outreach to employers in the area to assist veterans in gaining employment, including conducting seminars for employers and, in conjunction with employers, conducting job search workshops and establishing job search groups; and
- Facilitate employment, training, and placement services furnished to veterans in a State under the applicable State employment service delivery systems.
Disabled Veteran Outreach Program Specialist (DVOP)
A DVOP specialist provides intensive services and facilitates placements to meet the employment needs of veterans, prioritizing service to special disabled veterans, other disabled veterans, and other categories of veterans in accordance with priorities determined by the Secretary of Labor (Secretary); and
A special disabled or disabled veteran, as those terms are defined in 38 U.S.C § 4211(1) and (3); special disabled and disabled veterans are those:
- Who is entitled to compensation (or who, but for the receipt of military retired pay, would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or,
- Were discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability;
- A homeless person, as defined in Sections 103(a) and (b) of the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act (42 U.S.C. I 1302(a) and (b», as amended;
- A recently-separated service member, as defined in 38 U.S.C § 4211(6), who has been unemployed for 27 or more weeks in the previous 12 months;
- An offender, as defined by WIOA Section 3 (38), who is currently incarcerated or who has been released from incarceration;
- A veteran lacking a high school diploma or equivalent certificate; or
- A low-income individual (as defined by WIOA Section 3 (36».
Oklahoma State Employee Delivery System
Veterans will register on okjobmatch from any location. By registering the system will identify and assign to a geographic location. A system-generated report “Recently Registered” will be run by the assigned DVOP. The DVOP will reach out to the Veteran and begin to conduct an assessment. If conditions that are set forth by DOL are not met for a Veteran to be case managed by DVOP, the veteran will be served by the America Job Center (AJC) workforce specialist.