Skip to main content

SNAP emergency allotments ending in Feb. 2023 due to Federal rules

Due to changes in Federal rules, February 2023 will be the last month Oklahoma Human Services will be able offer emergency Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) allotments, often referred to as “extra SNAP” deposits or “max” benefits. Because of this change, the amount of SNAP benefits customers receive in March 2023 will return to pre-pandemic levels.

How is the amount of SNAP benefits determined?

Beginning in March 2023, your regular monthly SNAP benefit amount will be based on your household size, income and expenses. It is important to report any changes in your circumstances since you last renewed your SNAP benefits.

Why is this change happening?

For the past three years, you have been receiving the max SNAP benefits for your household size. These extra benefits were intended to help pay for food costs during the COVID emergency and were launched in 2020 by Congress. New federal rules within the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2023 have gone into effect that have brought the max benefits to an end.

When does this change happen?

You will receive both your regular and max SNAP benefits in February 2023. Beginning in March 2023, you will only receive your regular SNAP benefits. Regular SNAP benefits are loaded onto your cards the 1st through the 10th of the month.

Do I need to do anything?
You do not need to do anything. We just want you to know about this change and why it is happening. We also want to share some local food resources to help your family. You will continue to receive SNAP until the end of your approval period as long as you are eligible. When you need to report or reapply for a new approval period, we will give you another notice with instructions on how to do so.

How to I check my SNAP benefit balance?

To check the balance on your EBT card, you may call 1-888-328-6551 or visit Remember that your benefit amount will not change until March 2023.

Who do I contact for other questions?

You may contact Oklahoma Human Services at (405) 522-5050.

Who do I contact if I need more food?

Last Modified on Feb 02, 2023
Back to Top