Skip to main content

Residential & CPA Requirements

To order copies of these publications, please fax a request to the DHS Warehouse at (405) 962-1740. Please include the title of the publication, publication number and your mailing address. If you have any questions, contact Oklahoma Child Care Services at (405) 521-3561 or 1-844-834-8314. 

Child Placing Agency means a private agency licensed to place children in foster family homes, adoptive homes or independent living programs. 
Licensing Requirements for Child Placing Agencies (DHS Pub. No. 87-54) 

Residential Child Care Programs means a 24-hour residential group care program with a large number of unrelated children living together with adults other than their parents. 

Children’s Shelter means a public or private residential program that provides care and supervision for children in a non-secure environment for a period of time usually not exceeding 30 days. The program provides services for children who are in need of temporary emergency care. 
Licensing Requirements for Residential Child Care Facilities (DHS Pub. No. 86-78) 

To search for a DHS licensed Residential program or Child Placing Agency or to review their monitoring summary visit the Residential and Child Placing Agency Locator.

Use the Child Care Locator/Summary of Program Monitoring to view a summary of program monitoring reports for your a child care program or to search for quality child care in Oklahoma.  View the Child Care Locator Fact Sheet.

For Additional Assistance in locating Child Care, contact: Oklahoma Partnership for School Readiness.

Last Modified on Mar 21, 2024
Back to Top