Provider update: November 2, 2020
To: All ADvantage Providers
Subject: Adult Maltreatment: The Responsibility to Recognize and Report
Date: November 2, 2020
An objective of the DHS Medicaid Services Unit is for ADvantage Members to live independently and thrive within their homes, and to provide assurances for their health, safety, and well-being. An ADvantage Waiver Performance Measure specific to Member safety, reported to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), includes an assurance that all ADvantage Providers have access to and complete education regarding their responsibilities to recognize, prevent, and report abuse, neglect, and exploitation of Members.
To address this assurance, an online interactive training titled "Adult Maltreatment: The Responsibility to Recognize and Report" is available to all ADvantage Providers via the Oklahoma Learning Management System (oklms.org).
Effective immediately, the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Manager from each ADvantage Provider type delivering direct care services is required to complete this training by December 31, 2020, and annually thereafter.
- Specific Provider types whose CQI Managers must meet this requirement include Case Management, Home Care, Assisted Living, Hospice, and Adult Day Health;
- All other ADvantage specialty Providers are highly encouraged to complete the training;
- Printable certificates are available upon completion of the training and must be attached to the CQI Manager's Worker Record on the Notes tab in the Harmony Provider Chapter;
- Providers who do not completed this mandatory training by the due date, and annually thereafter, are subject to removal from the Certified Agency Report (CAR) from which referrals are generated.
The online Adult Maltreatment training may also be utilized for the required employee orientation and annual in-service training of all agency staff who provide direct services to Members. If an agency chooses to provide this required training through other means, the CQI Manager is responsible for assuring the content is wholly consistent with the online Adult Maltreatment training content.
To access the Adult Maltreatment training:
- You will need to access the oklms.org website and if you have not already done so you will need to create your account. Make certain in the creation of your OKLMS account that you enter the Provider agency by whom you are currently employed/contracted to ensure credit is received for completion of the training course. If you work for more than one Provider agency, you will need to create a separate account for each agency by which you are employed and for whom you are required to complete this training;
- Sign into your account and in the Course Search bar type Adult Maltreatment, then click the Go button;
- Click on the Adult Maltreatment course link;
- Follow the instructions to the end of the Adult Maltreatment course at which point you will need to complete the knowledge assessment;
- The Adult Maltreatment and its knowledge assessment can be retaken as often as needed or desired. Once you successfully complete the course knowledge assessment you will be offered the option to print a certificate of course completion. Make sure your computer is connected to a printer, print the certificate, and provide it to your agency's training manager to be added to your personnel file records;
- Attach a copy of the certificate to your Worker record in the Harmony system.
To access the Harmony Worker Record Notes Tab:
- This type of Note can only be accessed and entered within the Provider Prime Role. From your agency's Provider Chapter click on the Workers tab;
- On the Workers Tab, select the worker for who this record is to be attached;
- Once the individual Worker's record is open you will find the Notes sub-tab at the left side of the page and click on it;
- Hover over File and select Add Note;
- Enter information for all required fields:
- Set Note Type to Adult Maltreatment Certificate;
- Enter the Date of Certificate as the date the certificate was earned;
- Set Note Status to Complete;
- Click on Add Attachment and search computer for saved Adult Maltreatment Certificate of Completion and upload to the Note.
- Hover over File and select Save and Close Note.
Any technical issues with completing this course should be directed to the OU-CPM Helpdesk at email@example.com or 1(866)237-2127.
If you have any questions regarding the information provided above, please feel free to contact the MSU via Harmony PQ; Inquiry Type: Training.
AGING SERVICES | MEDICAID SERVICES UNIT
ADvantage Administration | State Plan Personal Care
Office: 918-933-4900 | CareLine: 800-435-4711