340:65-3-2.1. Counting days for providing proof, interview dates, and application time limits
When counting days for providing proof, interview dates, and application time limits, the worker does not count the first day in the time period. The worker counts the last day in the time period unless Oklahoma Human Services (OKDHS) is not open for business on that date. When OKDHS is not open on the last day of the time period, the client has until the next business day to comply with eligibility requirements.
(1) Providing proof. When proof is required to determine eligibility, the worker gives the client at least 10-calendar days to provide it. The worker assists the client in obtaining necessary proof, when requested. The worker's assistance may range from explaining how or where to obtain proof to obtaining the proof when the client is unable to do so. The worker is not required to obtain proof for a client who is able, but unwilling to do so. • 1
(2) Interview date. When the client must be interviewed, the worker sets the interview date based on program requirements. • 2 When the client applies for:
(A) Temporary Assistance for Needy Families or State Supplemental Payment and cannot be interviewed on the application date, the worker sets the interview date at least 10-calendar days in the future and sends Form 08AD092E, Client Contact and Information Request, to inform the client of the interview date and request any required proof;
(B) Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) food benefits, the worker interviews the client on the application date when possible. When not possible, the worker sets the earliest possible interview date, allowing for sufficient mail delivery time, and sends Form 08AD091E, Interview Notice, or Form 08AD093E, Support Center Interview Notice, to inform the client of the interview date. When the client:
(i) appears eligible for expedited services, the worker completes the interview within seven-calendar days, per Oklahoma Administrative Code (OAC) 340:50-3-2 and 340:50-11-4; or
(ii) does not appear eligible for expedited services, the worker schedules the interview no later than the 20th calendar day from the application date.
(C) Child Care Subsidy benefits, the worker interviews the client on the request date, per OAC 340:40-3-1, when possible, since the earliest approval date is the date the client completes the interview and provides all necessary proof. When the worker cannot reach the client by phone, the worker sets the earliest possible interview date, allowing for sufficient mail delivery time, and sends Form 08AD092E to inform the client of the scheduled interview date and request any required proof.
(3) Application time limits. Refer to OAC 340:65-3-5 for application processing time limits. To be considered timely, the worker must certify or deny an application:
(A) no later than the last business day of the time limit; or
(B) when OKDHS is closed on the last day of the time limit, the next open business day. • 3
INSTRUCTIONS TO STAFF 340:65-3-2.1
1. The worker gives or sends the client Form 08AD092E, Client Contact and Information Request, to request needed proof. The worker only checks the items required to determine the client's eligibility based on program specific policy. For example, the worker does not check resources when resources are not an eligibility factor or self-employment when the client did not report that someone in the household was self-employed.
(1) When the client fails to provide all or part of the requested proof, the worker does not send a new Form 08AD092E before denying the application.
(2) When the worker requests additional proof not listed on the original Form 08AD092E, he or she must provide a new Form 08AD092E giving the client at least 10-calendar days to provide the additional information.
(3) When the client contacts the worker to check the application status and the client has not provided all required proof, the worker verbally informs the client what proof is needed and by what date it must be provided to avoid application denial. The worker may resend the original Form 08AD092E with remaining required proof circled when there is sufficient time for the client to receive the form and respond.
(4) In order to provide better customer service when time permits, the worker may initiate a call to the client to inform him or her of remaining required proof and by what date it must be provided. The worker does not resend the original Form 08AD092E unless he or she is first able to explain why it is being sent and there is a reasonable time period for the client to receive the form and respond. Per Oklahoma Administrative Code (OAC) 340:65-1-2 Instructions to Staff # 6, an email reminder may also be sent.
(5) The worker records all face-to-face, verbal, and written client contacts in Family Assistance/Client Services (FACS) Case Notes including:
(A) the date of the contact;
(B) if the contact was worker or client initiated;
(C) if the contact was face-to-face, verbal, or in writing; and
(D) when verbal:
(i) any information the client provides regarding eligibility;
(ii) what the worker advised the client regarding remaining required proof, when applicable;
(iii) if the worker resent the original Form 08AD092E or sent a new Form 08AD092E requesting additional proof; and
(iii) any other information the worker gave regarding the application process and time frame.
2. (a) When an interview is required for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and the type of proof needed is unknown, the worker sends Form 08AD091E, Interview Notice, to schedule the interview.
(b) Workers scheduling interviews for all programs except SNAP, send Form 08AD092E because this form allows the worker to schedule an office or a phone interview and request proof at the same time.
(c) When an earlier interview date is agreed upon and the client misses the interview, FACS Case Notes must document when the client agreed to the earlier interview date. For SNAP, when a scheduled interview is missed, the worker uses the FDENY transaction to future deny the application and issue the Notice of Missed Interview (NOMI).
3.(a) When the client has at least 10-calendar days to comply with eligibility requirements, the worker denies the application on or before the last day of the application time limit unless one of the reasons apply, per OAC 340:65-3-5(2)(A)-(D).
(1) When the client complies with eligibility requirements on the last day of the time limit, the worker approves benefits back to the first day allowed by specific program requirements.
(2) When OKDHS offices are closed on the last day of the time limit and the client complies with eligibility requirements by the next business day, the worker approves benefits back to the first day allowed by specific program requirements.
(b) When FDENY is used for SNAP and the last day of the application time limit falls on a day OKDHS is not open, the system waits to deny the application until the next business date. When FDENY is used, the timeliness report shows the application was completed timely.