340:50-11-111. Categorically eligible household
(a) Purpose.This Part includes the requirements for establishing categorically eligible households for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), per Section 273.2(j)(2) of Title 7 of the Code of Federal Regulations (7 C.F.R. § 273.2(j)).
(b) Definitions.The following words and terms, when used in this Part, shall have the following meaning unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) "Categorically eligible household" means any household:
(A) as defined, per Oklahoma Administrative Code (OAC) 340:50-11-20, in which all members receive or are authorized to receive:
(i) Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) cash assistance; or
(ii) a combination of Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and TANF cash assistance;
(B) in which all members receive or are authorized to receive SSI; or
(C) in which members receive or are authorized to receive services through 2-1-1 Oklahoma, except as excluded in (d) of this Section. • 1
(2) "Authorized to receive" means the person was determined eligible for benefits and was notified of this determination even though the benefits have not yet been received. • 2
(c) Suspended, recouped, or benefit not issued.A household whose TANF or SSI benefits are suspended, recouped, or are less than the minimum amount paid retain categorical eligibility.
(d) Non-categorical households.A household is not classified as a categorically eligible household, per 7 C.F.R. § 273.2(j)(2)(vii):
(1) the first time the household applies after SNAP benefits close because of substantial lottery and gambling winning, per 7 C.F.R. § 273.11(r), OAC 340-50-7-1, and 340:50-9-5(j);
(2) when any household member is disqualified for an intentional program violation, per 7 C.F.R. § 273.16 and OAC 340:50-15-25;
(3) when any household member is disqualified for being a fleeing felon or probation or parole violator, per 7 C.F.R. § 273.11(n);
(4) when any household member is disqualified for being convicted of certain crimes as an adult after February 7, 2014, and is not in compliance with the terms of the sentence or the restrictions under 7 C.F.R. § 273.11(n), per 7 C.F.R. § 273.11(s); or
(5) the head of household is disqualified for failing to comply with work requirements per OAC 340:50-5-85 through 340:50-5-89. Refer to OAC 340:50-3-1(b)(2) for head of household information.
INSTRUCTIONS TO STAFF 340:50-11-111
1.Households that include household members that do not receive Supplemental Security Income or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families cash assistance are required to meet the income guidelines per Oklahoma Department of Human Services Appendix C-3, Maximum Food Benefit Allotments and Standards for Income and Deductions, Table 1 through Table 3.
2.When approved for food benefits, the certification notice advises households they are authorized to receive services through 2-1-1 Oklahoma.